Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just wondering if all the Q3's are coming with the same tyes i have a 2 tdi quattro SE and its on Pirelli scorpion verde 235 / 50 / r 18 its an new all weather tyre according to the pirelli website

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Daytona
No they don't. My S-Line petrol has Continental Contact tyres 235 / 50 / R18
Had the car 3 weeks now. Very pleased with it. Biggest disappointment is the shallow boot!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi - my TDI sline is on continental tyres as well.

2200 miles in and apart from needing a new passenger door card to stop the rattle (being fitted next week), all is good. Average over 2200 miles of mixed drivng 40mpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Vern - my TDI SE is on Pirelli P Zero 255/40 R19's . Picked it up on 5th Jan. Bit concerned about lack of spare wheel. Sealant/ pump would get you home with minor puncture with a bit of luck but would make repair difficult. More serious puncture would require RAC. Perhaps a space-saver spare would be a more sensible solution with tyres at £200 plus each. Nobody else seems concerned or has eveybody else specced a spare? What's a passenger door 'card'?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Geoff - I have ordered my TDi SE with the spare weheel option - we discussed it on here in the newbies forum (I think newbie here (with some questions). The problem with the sealant option is that it can get you home with a monor puncture but, and a very big but, you need a new tyre. Once you use the sealant, the tyre needs replacing. And as you say, a more serious puncture or sidewall damage means you need to be towed home. So for me, about £75 plus some loss of boot space was fair price to pay for the comfort of having a spare wheel. Others may feel differently, but we have all, I am sure, had punctures from time to time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geoff said:
Hi Vern - my TDI SE is on Pirelli P Zero 255/40 R19's . Picked it up on 5th Jan. Bit concerned about lack of spare wheel. Sealant/ pump would get you home with minor puncture with a bit of luck but would make repair difficult. More serious puncture would require RAC. Perhaps a space-saver spare would be a more sensible solution with tyres at £200 plus each. Nobody else seems concerned or has eveybody else specced a spare? What's a passenger door 'card'?
I think he means a new door pad for tthe passengers side door

·
Registered
5 Posts
Geoff said:
Hi Geoff, how are you finding the ride quality on the 255/40 R19's and do you live in fear of catching the alloys or is there a good protective lip on the tyre? Hope you don't mind me asking these questions....but I'm about to place my order

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Chauff
I didn't think the standard 17in wheels looked big enough forthe Q3. The 255/40 R19's look fine and are slightlyfirmer ridethan the regular tyre, but I like that. The Pirelli P Zero's stick like glue. The tyre shoulder extends over the rim by about 10mm and you would have to be clumsy to kerb them particularly with the downward tilting door mirrors in reverse. I went for the C7G rim rather than the 5-segmentC5E which look a bit 'Drug Dealer' like! But that's just me. After having several A4 Avants with the 2.0 TDI engine,the Q3 is the car I wanted 8 years ago but they didn't make one then! I bought a 2.0 Petrol RAV4 XT4 which has been a great machine, but lacked the punch of the Audi 2.0 TDIblock.
Get yours ordered asap! Don't forget to consider to spec a space-saver spare and reversible floor like I did and prepare for a wait!- it will be worth it.
PS Get the full paint finish, why you have to pay extra to finish the paint job beats me! but it looks naff with a plastic bottom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your reply Geoff. Good to hear that mydecision to go for the C7G rim is the right one, the wheels look great. I have decided to go for theS line 2.0 TFSI S tronic as I am looking for a bit more pace. I have been stuck with boring old family cars over the years and felt it was time I treated myself!This forum is a wonderful aid to making decisions, thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Experience of Audi Assistance / RAC this morning was positive in terms of waiting time, but they couldn't work out where to take the car to find a replacement tyre (due to a wayward screw) for a Continental Cross Contact 18 inch.
So some time spent calling round.2 Kwick-fits, 1 AST and 1 independent were unable to help with comments ranging from "we can get one for Monday" to "those tyres are discontinued".
A call to the nearest Audi dealer (250 miles from home) provided a recommendation of another tyre centre who were able to get a tyre delivered from another depot 30 miles away. So 3 hours and £226 later I was back on the road.
Excellent service from North East Tyres and Exhausts however

1 - 11 of 11 Posts