Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one just had to buy a new tyre for MY Q3 at a cost of two hundred and fifteen pounds OUCH
Got a small nail in the side wall and the tyre had only done 2000 miles

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad news,
I had to replace my front near side tyre after 600 miles, having kerb it. ( a bulge appeared on the side wall)

I notice that you have done 2000 miles, I noticed in the handbook that if your Q3 Quattro requires a tyre change, and you have worn some of the tread you need to replace two tyres to get top performance from the 4x4. Basically you cannot have big a difference in tread depth, on opposite sides of the vehicle

I reckon you will be ok having only done 2000 miles

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ohhh that's painful, i feel your pain

Did you have the spare or the can of gunk?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a spare, told the dealer that i would not buy the car unless they let me have the spare.Its time that all cars came with spare wheels again, we also have a bmw when the tyre split on that all we had was the usless tin of gunk not even a jack is supplied with it the split was too big to be repaired.Only when customers insist on a spare wheel will they start putting them back in they are just taking the xxxx

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiSorry to bring you bad news but never buy tyres from the dealer, they are a **** of a lot cheaper elsewhere.The trade off for not having a spare is that your car probably fits in a lower tax bracket because the weight saving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi del i didnt get the tyre from a dealer so it wasnt a dealer inflated price.Surely the tax bracket is the same weather your carcomes with out a spare wheel or you order one at time of sale ,it should not be an option but should come as standard.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It's all down to emissions at the end of the day, if they can lower it by 1g per km to get it in a lower road tax by losing some standard equipment they will.

A full size spare is a fair size and weight to be carrying around with you every mile, the spacesaver less so.

They should give you it standard with the option of the lower floor and a can of the good stuff, i wonder how many people would choose that free option

Wait i mean £299 option

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer has supplied just the space saver as an aftersales originally at £75, but then included it as part of the agreed discounted price.
I have the lower boot floor, cargo net etc option ( this can hold it in place ) when I have it in the car. It also has the can of sticky stuff.
Tell the dealer most of what you want, then agree to deal subject to this, then that and so on. The when ready to sign, ask for something else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just had the same at 8,000 miles (Reg 16-01-12) witha very slow puncture. tyre plus balancing/VAT etc came to£200, my first puncture for 10 years.
Tyre was Pirelli 235 50 18 Scorpion all-weather.
AC

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just had two new front tyres put on at 26k miles they were down to the riser (less than 2mm left)
Good Year Excellence 235/55/ R17 99v come off, replaced with Continentals. Rear Tyres still have 6mm on then (8mm new?)

That doesn't seem to be a bad mileage for tyres?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi; The tyre indicator showed I had a problem on the off/side rear and sure enough I found a nail. Needed new tyre at 8,000miles and there not cheap. Now have 11,000 miles since new in January 2012 - 177ps s-tronic, monsoon grey with Alcantara, 5 spoke wheels and reversing camera. No probs so far and very pleased overall. May change in Jan 2014, hope electric rear door is an option as on Q5 AC Bristol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All. Guess I was lucky then. Had the same problem nail in side of tread. Managed to get a Continental (factory fit)for my 18" rimsfor £180 all in from my local tyre centre.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts