Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sticker on the B post of the drivers door (below) shows three settings for the tyre pressures, and the first and last are obvious.
However, I do not understand what the middle settings are, which shows the same number of people, but also a book with an 'i' on the page - and a reduction of tyre pressures by 5 lbs/in. Anyone know what this is supposed to mean, or the significance of the open book?

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts
I think you're meant to consult the owners handbook for further information. I'm guessing it's a "comfort" setting but I don't have it on my 2013 Q3 and have always run at the indicated pressures which from memory are 33psi all round.

Reactions: Michael TR5

·
Registered
173 Posts
See pp260 of 2020 handbook.

Mike

Reactions: Michael TR5

·
Registered
390 Posts
You can blow them up a bit harder if you like if you are part loaded. I tend to run mine at 35 psi for 2 passengers and luggage.
I arrived at this by looking at the tyre wear and I try for a pressure that equalises wear across the tread. I do mostly motorway miles. I think as long as you are in the range quoted for the load yo are "legal".

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I have altered mine to. The Audi garage had them at 40psi or thereabouts, and found that a bit too hard. We would rarely have more than two in the car, or loads of luggage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts