Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new Q3 is fitted with Goodyear eagle f1 235/40r18 and I checked the pressure on each tyre. They were all 3 bar. This seems higher than recommended. I only checked as one of the front tyres looked a little down. Does anyone know the recommended pressures for these tyres for family driving.

·
Registered
76 Posts
HelloAre you sure the profile is 40? Normally 50 with 18's, the tyres pressures are on the inside of the drivers door for normal and loaded, just check for your tyre size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry my mistake the tyres are Goodyear eagle f1 235/50 R18. Not sure how accurate my pressure gauge is. I will go and get them checked.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think you will find that 3bar is about 43/44lbs psi. I checked my tyres a few days after ownership and they had put 38 in all round. It just made me wonder what else they had not done properly on the PDI.

I can think of one other thing-the windscreen on the nearside of the inside when it steams up has the imprint of the transport sticker, about 9inches square. Has anybody got any idea what I can use to get it off. I have tried quite a few things but I have not been successful.

·
Registered
563 Posts
SETIG said:
I think you will find that 3bar is about 43/44lbs psi. I checked my tyres a few days after ownership and they had put 38 in all round. It just made me wonder what else they had not done properly on the PDI.

I can think of one other thing-the windscreen on the nearside of the inside when it steams up has the imprint of the transport sticker, about 9inches square. Has anybody got any idea what I can use to get it off. I have tried quite a few things but I have not been successful.
Try this on your windscreen.....http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-325ml-Car-Glass-Polish/dp/B001153ALO/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1359887733&sr=8-15My dealer didn't put the wheel nut covers on, I didn't realise until I saw other peoples cars on here.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
563 Posts
For tyre pressures there is a grey sticker on the edge of the drivers door when you open it.Mine should be 33psi all round.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks for the link to the cleaner. I will get some in due course. The dealer applied Auto Glym life shine cleaner to the car FOC, so I checked the goody bag to see if it contained any, but unfortunately no.

Always good to get the advice of others

1 - 7 of 7 Posts