Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi got my car today and having no spare I decided to take out the Tyre insurance the dealer offered at £299. Having been told once you use the Tyre repair foam the Tyre has to been thrown away I thought this was a good deal as I can make 5 claims over 3 years. I know I could get the car recovered and have the puncture repaired but his isn't always possible.

Time will tell if claiming is as easy as the dealer says it is.

Has anyone else taken out this cover and if so was it easy to claim .

·
Registered
613 Posts
Depends on your mileage and road conditions etc - Do you have a history of punctures?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I probably only get 1 a year at worst but I thought the repair system was the same water based system Volvo use which can be washed out at the garage enabling a repair to be done, so i didnt give ordering a spare much thought. I only found out last week that the Tyre was beyond repair once the foam was used. The salesman wasn't even aware of this until I queried it .

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had heard that it was "Game Over" for tyres after using the Audi Sealant, but to be honest, I've not had cause to use it, or know anyone who has.
£299 Seems a bit expensive to me, but I suppose how much does peace of mind cost? There are other threads on here about carrying a Spare Tyre and sealant as well, so I'm not going to criticise!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Holts Tyreweld is supposedly easy to remove (and on special atm at Halfords) .
I am thinking of getting some just in case. Although I would need two as the 500ml is for 16 inch tyres.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts