Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Twelve months ago today I was waking up in a Premier Inn in Epsom ready to start my RSQ3 journey.
So what brought me to that point?
Four years previously my partner (30 years together not married lol) was diagnosed with MS and mobility was starting to get difficult for her.
My car of choice at that time was an S3. Big enough for what I needed and sporty enough to make it interesting, An RS3 in my eyes was too expensive to justify with the mileage we were doing at the time.
I knew then that we needed an SUV and our ideal car going forward would be an RSQ3 but I couldn't find the right one.
I bought a used SQ5 instead, it was a great car and changed my opinion on SUV's and I did love it, it just wasn't an RS and I started keeping an eye out for an RSQ3 again.
I'd just about decided to keep the SQ5 when I spotted a Java green RSQ3 on the approved website. I like different and this certainly was!, it was also very well kitted out and was for sale by the original supplying dealer who had serviced it from new......it was a no brainer for me and I decided it was the one.
So here I am 12 months on and its honestly the best car I've ever owned and I've no intention of selling or moving on anytime soon its just such a great car to get along with and every journey is an experience!
Land vehicle Car Tire Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

The only things I've done to the car since I've owned it are the redstuff pads with rear drilled discs, audi sport puddle lights all round and black badges.
I have an alcantara steering wheel which goes on for a bit and then comes off but this is the first car I haven't felt the need to change anything major.

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Your RS is an exceptionally beautiful example Ju and most likely totally unique too. Was Audi's best kept secret when in production it seems 7 years after the RSQ3 1st appeared its finally getting the recognition it deserves.

Reactions: TheJam and -Ju-

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your RS is an exceptionally beautiful example Ju and most likely totally unique too. Was Audi's best kept secret when in production it seems 7 years after the RSQ3 1st appeared its finally getting the recognition it deserves.
Thanks John, I actually saw a Java green A1 yesterday while out in mine!
Yes there is a trend towards SUV's now and that has definitely boosted F3 RSQ3 sales, in turn making the original more popular

·
Registered
204 Posts
Gorgeous RS -Ju- as John says,I reckon you have a unique example there.

Reactions: -Ju-

·
Registered
RSQ3
112 Posts
Lovely example you have there ..
Today went to Norwich Audi look at a Vorsprung RSQ3 in glacier white, I have to admit I wasn’t blown away at the newer model .. wheels noticeably bigger and loved look of them, but in all honesty I do prefer my model and will stick to it for few years now I’ve scratched the itch to explore newer RS ..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lovely example you have there ..
Today went to Norwich Audi look at a Vorsprung RSQ3 in glacier white, I have to admit I wasn’t blown away at the newer model .. wheels noticeably bigger and loved look of them, but in all honesty I do prefer my model and will stick to it for few years now I’ve scratched the itch to explore newer RS ..
The F3 RSQ3 has more power, better tech and feels more up to date but it will also cost you a heck of a lot more money.
There was a small market for the 8U RSQ3 when it came out but I believe it will become more and more sought after

Reactions: TheJam

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Agreed Ju - once the stupidity of the chip shortage subsides and new cars are on a 12 week lead-time the F3 RSQ3 will return to rapid depreciation picking up an F3 in the high £30k region a year from now is entirely plausible.

The F3 is nice but it isn't truthfully massively better than the 8U in most respects with handling being the key area as the later MQB platform is much improved. That said the 8U RS is more exciting as you can get close to the edge of something terminal at lower speeds which is a desirable, characterful trait. :devilish:

Reactions: TheJam and -Ju-

·
Registered
186 Posts
I feel the same with mine 2.5yrs down the road... I need to test drive the F3 to scratch that itch on my brain at some point. I will most likely make the jump to the F3 no doubt but only when things settle down price wise like John says. FL versions will be out next year which should redress the balance a little...
The other thing is my mileage has dropped by half now per year (6k now) as working from home more... To chuck 50/60k into a car im not driving as much bothers me a little as well...
I still love my 8U and enjoy it every time I get in it which is strange as I'm usually bored by now... Another thing playing on me is the age of mine now. Although still only 28k miles, a 7/8year old car is going to start needing stuff replaced because of age rather than miles...
Decisions over next 12 months for sure :unsure:

Reactions: -Ju-

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Performance, Glacier White, C&S, Diamond Stitched Leather
115 Posts
When you started your post Ju, I thought you were about to announce moving on from us!

Phew. Am glad you're still here!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you started your post Ju, I thought you were about to announce moving on from us!

Phew. Am glad you're still here!
Haha not a chance mate, for me it's a perfect fit, everything I'd imagined it to be and more.
Just had the inspection service done, 12 months warranty left and brakes/tyres are as new.
How you liking yours?

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Performance, Glacier White, C&S, Diamond Stitched Leather
115 Posts
Haha not a chance mate, for me it's a perfect fit, everything I'd imagined it to be and more.
Just had the inspection service done, 12 months warranty left and brakes/tyres are as new.
How you liking yours?
Ah that's great to hear, I'm pleased it's all smooth runnings. I get what you're saying that' is all and more.

Yeah just passed 20k service and it's always a joy to drive. Now if I can just find some V-Power, I'd be able to go somewhere....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts