Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a button on the edge of the driver's door which you press before shutting and locking the door which turns off the interior monitoring sensor. I think it also allows the doors to be opened from inside.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Richard Hamilton said:
There is a button on the edge of the driver's door which you press before shutting and locking the door which turns off the interior monitoring sensor. I think it also allows the doors to be opened from inside.
Maybe, but that doesn't get over the problem of someone being locked in, imagine if it was at the height of summer and passenger did not have a phone.

I have now emailed Audi with details of the incident

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't my owners manual to hand, but like I say, I may be wrong, but think it allows the doors to be opened from INSIDE the car. I believe it is shown in the manual.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks Richard, will dig the manual out

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found it in the manual. You press the lock button on the remote TWICE if you leave someone in the car. This disables the Safelock - disabling the interior sensor, and allowing the doors to be opened from the inside.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks Guy's, but I am afraid you are all missing the point of my original post....this was NOT a planned "lock in" but an accidental one, by the stupid driver (me) taking the key and blipping it (by habit)...the issue is that my good lady was locked in and couldn't open a window or door.... potentially a serious incident.

I think that anyone should be able to unlock the door from the inside if locked in.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's by design to stop someone simply smashing your window then reaching in and unlocking all the doors. Audi have done this for years along with most VAG cars.

The solution is not to lock someone in the car. If they want to be locked in they press the button on the drivers door. This will stop the interior alarm being activated

I'm sure you won't make the mistake again now so leason learned!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Gord said:
I parked car to go into shop and left the missus waiting, unfortunately I took the key out and blipped it out of habit
I did the same thing last week, but luckily the alarm didn't go off - I suppose I ought to go and let her out now

I suppose you could always ensure that your wife has the spare key with her, though that wouldn't help if it was someone else locked in the car.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If I remember correctly you can override the safe lock and hence enable the opening of the doors from the inside by pressing the key fob remote lock button twice in succession. There should be a message on the DIS when you remove the key from the ignition lock warning about safe lock......unless I have misunderstood. Normal 1 press applies safelock and hence stops the doors being opened from the inside.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Correct. If there is someone in the car when you go to lock it, press the button twice which activates SafeLock, allowing occupants to unlock from the inside.

Gord, I'm trying to move this thread to a more appropriate section but for some reason the Moderator Tools are unavailable in that section. I've contacted the site Admin and am awaiting his assistance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Isn't this why all Audi's now say "Note Safelock" on the dis when you switch the vehicle off, to remind you not to lock the wife in
Could be worse though, you could have locked the keys in the boot

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Ash, you're spot on. On both counts.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Locking the wife in the car when shopping is one of the most time saving methods I've ever effected, also makes shopping more cost effective.
bugger! Didn't see that coming.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
We did!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts