Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a drive today up to Cupar past Fife, thought i would share how i got on with the car as it's the first time i've been on a proper drive

Some of the road surfaces leave a lot to be desired but the car soaked them up and i got out after 4 hours feeling fresh, there is a strange feeling that you're not really moving quickly even at 70mph. The manual gearbox is happy to potter along at low speeds in a higher gear which makes for minimal changes when on the move. The engine always seems willing to pull onwards with plenty torque on tap, you guys with the higher powered models must be spoiled

Thanks to a wide track i could go over those annoying square speed humps without really touching them which was a bonus! Mpg over the trip averaged at 50.1mpg which was probably 70% motorway, 30% country B roads and i wasn't driving with economy in mind.

I did notice a few nissan slashkye drivers up my chuff or trying to get away from me at the lights, maybe cos they are 10 a penny they have a higher rate of generally bad drivers or just a chip on their shoulder, strange

However it's not all good news as my drivers door is rubbing slightly with the wing when i open the door, never done it before i left!! It's a whisker but still a bit pants so i'll need to get them to look at it!!
The car is in next sat for a software update, dealer called me and said Audi had just released it. It's to fix a problem with the engine management light coming on even though there is no fault, never had it myself but maybe best talking to your dealer??

Now I don't have a huge array of options on my car but i can recommend the folding pass seat, pulled me out a hole today
The boot is a good size but a bit short risking impaling yourself with longer items!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Called my dealer and they were not aware on any software update for the sat.
They advised no requirement at present to take the car in for any recall work.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you've picked me up wrong, car is in on Saturday for a vehicle software update. Sorry, just my poor grammer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you for the clarification, I called the dealer again to double check and they advised no pending recall work required. I suspect the news about the software update has not yet been communicated to all the dealers.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm booked in this Sat morning, i'll ask for more information when i'm in and post back at the weekend. I picked my car up on 23rd Oct and was called a week later to say it was released just after i picked it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts