Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
RSQ3
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of changing badges to the black(ed) out ones .
easy to do ?
best place to buy from ? eBay / Audi direct ? If they do them I don’t know ?
will Audi change them all for me or worth trying myself ? I don’t want to scratch or damage my car
I’d appreciate views, help, opinions ..
I think my desire to do it stems from seeing 2021 in Nardo Grey with blacked out badges, I think it looks awesome .. mine being Sepang blue with black wheels I think will look good too ..
cheers .. 🍻🍻

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
376 Posts
Both me and Alan have done it and they look great.
Do you have the chrome trim or the black pack as I think chrome might not fit as well!
All the badges can be bought direct from Audi but the RSQ3 grill badge (from the F3 RSQ3) will need quite hefty modification to fit. You can cheat with this and get an eBay compatible one made to fit the 8U.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Worth doing... Absolutely. I bought badges off ebay, very happy with the results.
You will need a heat gun/hair dryer, dental floss, bug/tar remover and some old fashioned elbow grease to help remove the excess glue.
Trim removal tools can help replace the front Audi rings, you will probably break a few clips as well getting this off but not to worry if your replacing.
Screenshot_20210105-234528_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Menace

·
Registered
RSQ3
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d like to have a go myself .. but would Audi supply and fit the badges ? Is this something they’d do ?
anyone know a rough cost ?
Think I’m bit concerned I’d scratch or make a right mess of it .. I don’t possess the most patients or the steadiest of hands .. 😂

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you really can't trust yourself, then I would try a body shop before taking it to Audi as It's not really their thing .
You can get all the badges from Tom Fox @ Crewe Audi (y)

·
Registered
RSQ3
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you really can't trust yourself, then I would try a body shop before taking it to Audi as It's not really their thing .
You can get all the badges from Tom Fox @ Crewe Audi (y)
thank you .. I’ll send him a message, much appreciated .. 🍻
I’ll see locally who I can try .. 🍻

·
Registered
44 Posts
Definitely black badge for me! Makes it look so much nicer...

·
Registered
RSQ3
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom got back immediately which was very impressive, I can get front grille but struggle for others ..
so plan B could be use a detail car place and get them wrapped in black gloss ..

·
Registered
376 Posts
I got all mine from Tom front and back. The 4 ring grill badge is a direct fit as are both the rear badges from the F3 RSQ3 (exactly the same size)
The only one that is an issue is the RSQ3 grill badge. You either buy the F3 one and attack it with a Dremel as I have done or buy the eBay one that fixes on with toggles......job done!

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
RSQ3
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Having messaged good few car detailers finally got a price of £150 all in to paint the 4 badges gloss black ..
opposed to buying 4 badges £180 - then fitting or trying myself ..
so getting them painted/wrapped it is .. 😀

·
Registered
RSQ3
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Send her round .. 😂 .. that’ll save me some money .. 🧁🧁

·
Registered
RSQ3
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Front two removed, only one one cut finger 😃
removed the RS and clips broke, new RSQ3 in black really not sure how it’ll fit .. so may leave it off ,, rings were easy though , cleaned car so back two tomorrow .. 😳

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
It's not a proper job unless you have spilt a little blood in the process. Lovely clean grille.

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
All good automotive projects demand a blood sacrifice to the autogods - you should know this by now. :devilish:

Reactions: TheJam

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
In my opinion, a black badge on a black car makes the car look like a hearse. I have the silver ones both front and back and they break up the black expanse nicely.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts