·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a no from Gromit!

·
Registered
301 Posts
a disco is very slab sided the Q3 more shaped. they are nice looking wheels but not sure on the Q3.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
301 Posts
A little bit fussy for me, they look a pig to clean.

pest.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Too much alloy and not enough disk and caliper on display for my liking, a bit 90's just after three spoke swirls went out of fashion.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even Audi thinks fussy is back in fashion.Have you seen the rims for the new A3 saloon?

Back in 1999 at the ripe old age of 17 when I passed my test, my first car was a Series 3 Land Rover with big old steel wheels so 90s wheel fashions were a bit lost on me.
In all seriousness, I still quite like them - and think they would look better on a darker car. The only 19s in the Audi Q3 range I like the look of cost about 10% of the price of the car! And I'm not that keen on seeing discs/calipers. If I had an R8 with an attractive brake setup with painted calipers to show off, then I'd probably go with something a bit more spindly.
Anyway, horses for courses and all that. Will wait to see what it looks like with the standard 17"s when it comes in what feels like 8 years.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bloody awful.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright! Don't go on - I get the hint!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Definitely living in the 90s with the Cossie wheels - but thanks for the blast from the past!

That A3 looks like a pram with those wheels, IMO but as you say each to their own and if you fancy some spangly wheels then go for it, will definitely be unique. I've gone for standard but will be having them gangstered up with some black paint...then everyone will hate mine ha ha!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Black - nice. Gloss or matte? Getting a bit ahead of yourself aren't you? It's not here yet!

Not a fan of the ones on the A3 either. Gone off the Kahn ones too now - Graphite Momo Quantums have caught my eye now - but that's probably just my inner chav talking. However, the 20" 5-twin spokes on the RSQ3 interest me. Might need to take out a second mortgage.......

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ha ha, I've had nearly 8 months of getting ahead of myself with the wheels! Just had total gloss black on my 3 series, so I may go for partial black on these ie just the spokes or just the rims but I'd still go for gloss as the matte looks like brake dust unless its a total colour! Hey ho.... Decisions decisions! The RS wheels are sweet.

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
In all honesty, the 17" standard wheels have a lot going for them. They suit the style of the car, they look great in themselves, they give a VERY comfortable ride and - given that Gromit's Retreat has once again become Pothole Central since the bad weather hit - if I'd had any other wheels I would have certainly done in at least one tyre in the last month or so, probably more.

I know that in some circles the larger the wheels the more trendy/fashionable/cool (delete where applicable) they become, but sometimes bog-standard is pretty cool, too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts