Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had it 13 months, the 18,000 mile service is nearly a year away - so an engine oil change will do no harm.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got recently a couple reminders to take it in, but their call does not correspond to the audi app timeline for the first inspection or oil change. Makes me wonder if I should wait or get it out of the way. Waiting till June 2022 will mean just one single trip to Audi for the actual inspection, renew dust and pollen filter, check water drainage from panoramic sliding roof and renew brake fluid, all as per their recommendation.

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of mileage have you covered so far DGG? I'm at about 11,500 now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not a lot considering lockdown, etc... I bought it with slightly over 4,000 miles and is now close to 10,500...

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Similar to mine - completely your call. Mine is in at a VW/Audi independent (Vastec here in Warwick) they quoted £120 for the oil change - when the 18,000 service arrives I'll get that done by the Audi dealer - mindful of the 5 year warranty and reducing the risk of squabbles later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Definitely getting it done by Audi is the way to go as a risk mitigator. Any idea how much £ we will be in the hook for on our first proper service?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine says it’s due an oil change in 6800 miles or September 2022. That seems to put it at annual or just over 9000mls (15000km) intervals.
Are others different from this?
Presumed the RS wouldn’t do long life servicing anyway and must say I’m not really a fan of long life and prefer regular oil changes in particular

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely getting it done by Audi is the way to go as a risk mitigator. Any idea how much £ we will be in the hook for on our first proper service?
You won't be getting much change out of £300.

Mine says it’s due an oil change in 6800 miles or September 2022. That seems to put it at annual or just over 9000mls (15000km) intervals.
Presumed the RS wouldn’t do long life servicing anyway and must say I’m not really a fan of long life and prefer regular oil changes in particular
You can have the Service intervals set up as Annual or Variable - the latter works out to every two years.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Surprised they do the variable long life on a RS.
I’m not a fan of the long life service intervals generally, fine for company/lease cars which is essentially what they are aimed to keep initial costs down but not something I’d really like for my own car.
I’ve always gone for or changed to annual servicing on all my own previous cars and in reality if it came to looking at a 3-4 year old RS or any other model for that matter with nearly 40k on it and only 1 service in the history it would put me off.

Reactions: TheJam

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine is saying oil change in 5,200 miles/Feb 2022 and inspection in 8,700/June 2022. What got me confused was Audi dealer texts and calls to tell me the car was due for a service. Apparently Audi is now recommending servicing new cars at 9,000 miles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I notice an additional item at 20k is bevel box oil, that will probably hit mine around inspection service time which might be sooner than 2 years the way I’m going😀😀
Wonder how much extra that is, never heard of it before on previous haldex quattrishes 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The dealers are constantly fishing for service business!

The long life servicing idea appeared around 25+ years ago when company car fleets were larger/more common so vehicle manufacturers sought to appear more attractive to leasing/contract hire companies where vehicle maintenance was minimized. It kind of appeared in stages - initially the 6,000 mile service was scrapped in favour of one every 12,000 miles and then it became 15,000 and now 18,000 miles with some auto brands going even further.

As many of us experienced back in the 1980s HMRC thought the company car driver was a fabulously easy target for tax revenue and their greed eventually killed the company-car-as-a-desirable perk and replacing it with a tax burden that increasing numbers of drivers no longer wanted. Fortunately the tax incentives to opt out softened the blow. The low cost of servicing became attractive to a new type of driver.

With a degree of mechanical sympathy and understanding that oil is a coolant, engine waste material cleaner (water moisture, carbon deposits and metal particles) carrier (to the filter) as well as being a lubricant - so has much to do so I think that changing the oil roughly annually is no bad thing,

·
Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
60 Posts
Out of topic but just want to know.

Did your dealer mention something about RSQ3 F3 recall? My dealer called me last week saying my car has recall, and they will do software update and something related fuel gauge because it will get inaccuracy from time to time. Mine is Sep 2020 RSQ3 sportback.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Think the recall involves dropping the petrol tank to replace/remove a cable tie inside it as has been mentioned in previous posts by others. Think you have to ensure tank is less than half full for it to be carried out but I’m sure others will confirm, doesn’t apply to mine as it is a September 2021 build

·
Registered
61 Posts
Out of topic but just want to know.

Did your dealer mention something about RSQ3 F3 recall? My dealer called me last week saying my car has recall, and they will do software update and something related fuel gauge because it will get inaccuracy from time to time. Mine is Sep 2020 RSQ3 sportback.
Nobody has called me and mine is June 2020. I wonder whether I should ring them up and figure out what is this all about...Would be helpful to know if anyone else has been contacted.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I don't care what the dealer says, I have had all my cars oil & filter changed at 10K, always have done. I told dealer when I bought car that I did not want the extended service and to set the cars sytem to 10K.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts