·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Cool, well done David.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
381 Posts
I am loosing track on this thread. Now all you need is the RSQ3, I think.
Lol, surely there's no backing out now....would we actually let him haha (y) 😁

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
The only backing out is if it’s a dog but that would only delay things until I can find another one. Not expecting to have any issues though.

I’m more concerned about M25 traffic problems in the morning.

Reactions: -Ju-

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Get a blue light and a siren. It works for me.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Not when it’s 6 lanes of gridlock.
Getting out of the south east by anything other than plane is fraught with jeopardy and expense. Dartford tolls or sky high rail fares. At least we have Gatport Airwick handy.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Works for me too
Seeing your white car…I went to the Festival of Speed in a friends white WRX Impreza some years ago when Sussex Police had white cars.
It is about 1 1/2 hours on a good day, let alone the crawl from Goodwood on the A27.
We got back in an hour and, on dual carriageways it was like the parting of the waters as we assumed everyone thought it was a police car with just headlights on.
It was an exciting journey.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Today is RS day David I think - is it OK or a barking dog?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Good luck David with your test drive.

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe you are right John,let’s hope it’s the car for him……but if not this,then it’s just a matter of time now,of course. The RS has cast its spell over him,and we both know,there’s no escaping it 😉

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Barking dog 😢

Looked ok at first but three scuffs on the middle of the bonnet plus some stone chips. He said he would have had to paint the whole bonnet. Wouldn’t that have been taken onto account with his px?
Paintwork not great.
Scruffy-ish inside…door handles scratched, carpets not that clean, boot sides scuffed and hatch cover rattled over any bumps.
It just looked as though it hadn’t really been cared for.
He reckoned they had spent £3k on it….really? That’s a lot of work, even at internal dealer rates.

He was a bit humpy at first when I went through it all and had to go and tell his boss but he said he had other interest. I suspect they may say the same things. He was ok when I left though.

The search goes on.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Plus…just looked on Audi used cars and they have another 310PS with less miles and good spec but £4k dearer.
He never mentioned it though. Surely it didn’t become available in the last two hours.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Gutting that mate, sounds like one to avoid and you've done the right thing.
Keep your chin up, the right one will be along at some point. (y)

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Good call David, I had a look through Auto Trader this morning, looked like there were some nice examples out there.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Bloody typical used car salesman. You can tell when he's lying, you can see his lips move. :rolleyes:

It makes you wonder just how true the "spent £3k on it" is - if they have, (a) what the **** was it like beforehand to need that much spent on it, (b) what did they spend it on? and (c) if they'd spent that much, why not just a little more to make it presentable and therefore saleable?

My sympathies David, sorry for your wasted time.

·
Registered
RSQ3
70 Posts
Can only imagine disappointment you feel ..
but right decision made, and right car will come along ...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Good call David, I had a look through Auto Trader this morning, looked like there were some nice examples out there.
Colour and distance are the negatives John.
Don’t want red, white or bright and a couple of hours-ish is far enough for now.
I know it restricts my choices but even wasting five hours was verging on enough today.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
It's a challenge finding the right car David, RSQ3 are rare, period. Most of us had had to cover miles to buy the right car - Southend/London/Norwich for me.

If you see something say a in a 75 mile radius of Warwick I'm more than happy to go and take a look /take lots of pictures for you to alleviate/eliminate the risk of a wasted journey from the SE.

Reactions: Gromit and DavidS
141 - 160 of 280 Posts