Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Viewing but I’ve signed forms plus £1k deposit.
Assuming it’s ok and I can live with a mere 306bhp 😂 then hopefully pick up next Wednesday.
Having paid the deposit, he said the interest has been incredible so I was, hopefully, lucky to get in when I did.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
376 Posts
The better spec cars do go quick and are getting that bit more scarce on the open market now, It is a nice feeling having the deposit down knowing you've got in first in front of a queue of people.
I've only done 2k miles in 8 months in mine and loved every mile.....special cars for sure 👍

Reactions: TheJam and DavidS

·
Registered
119 Posts
Only just catching up on this... See things have moved on a tad I'm the space of week 😂
Fingers crossed the viewing all goes to plan David... Welcome to the club!

I took mine out for a blast around peak district at the weekend... Snake pass/cat and Fiddle etc... Trust me, 310hp is more than capable of putting a grin on your face 😉

Even after 2 years, it's still delivering on feeling that bit special when you get behind the wheel... By now the boredom usually starts to kick in.... The only alternative will be the RS F3 but this is out of reach financially at the moment 👍

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
We rented a cottage just outside Wortley and our favoured run was down to Ladybower, up Snake Pass and back along the top...in our nicely rapid 130i.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Test drive is delayed. They found two suspension bushes that ought to be replaced and a faulty drivers door window switch.
Not worried as forecast was awful for today so we might delay it until we can do it in one trip later next week.
Pleased to see they are on the ball.

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
Good news I reckon - the weather is indeed crap and will remain so all day, not ideal for a test drive or even an inspection, and it shows that unlike a lot of used car vendors these guys take their inspections seriously. It gives you significant confidence in both car and dealer.

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I had only got 15 minutes from home when he rang, thankfully, and I had a torrential downpour on the way back.
It’s been handy. Made and fitted a coat rack for the back porch and sent out an advert for selling my motorcycle trailer.
My poor nephew took 2 3/4 hours to get from Hastings to the north side of the Dartford Tunnel this morning but he did leave later than me. Bet his 9 and 4 year old were grumpy but they are on their way to Thetford Center Parc (hateful forrin spelling) so light atvthe end of the metaphorical tunnel as opposed to the real one.

Just after I got in I was told a friend of a friend in our village might be interested in my Q3 but I feel I am morally committed really plus travelling to Rayleigh from here would take 3 1/2 hours by train and cost me a fortune. I might take him up if this one inexplicably falls through.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had only got 15 minutes from home when he rang, thankfully, and I had a torrential downpour on the way back.
It’s been handy. Made and fitted a coat rack for the back porch and sent out an advert for selling my motorcycle trailer.
My poor nephew took 2 3/4 hours to get from Hastings to the north side of the Dartford Tunnel this morning but he did leave later than me. Bet his 9 and 4 year old were grumpy but they are on their way to Thetford Center Parc (hateful forrin spelling) so light atvthe end of the metaphorical tunnel as opposed to the real one.

Just after I got in I was told a friend of a friend in our village might be interested in my Q3 but I feel I am morally committed really plus travelling to Rayleigh from here would take 3 1/2 hours by train and cost me a fortune. I might take him up if this one inexplicably falls through.
At the end of the day it's your car to trade or sell, as long as the dealer gets his sale your under no obligation.
I got £3.5k more for my SQ5 for selling private so the £200 on train and a night in a hotel was small change tbh

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Tomorrow is (hopefully) the day!! As long as Dartford isn’t solid again.

Quick question. Comfort / Auto / Dynamic.
Who what why where when? I don’t think it has flash suspension.

·
Registered
376 Posts
So drive select will alter the steering, throttle and exhaust valves based on the selection. It will also alter the suspension stiffness if you have that option.
Comfort is a bit wishy washy for town driving so best for that long distance cruise.
Dynamic makes the car feel a little more alive and the suspension is a little harsh (obviously with the option)
Auto basically the car adapts as you drive and is where I normally leave it tbh

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
Finger's crossed!

Comfort - softens the transmission's approach to life, power steering assistance is higher so wheel feels light, ex tail pipe valve opens over 6,000 rpm
Auto - Tries to second guess what you'd like so is in Comfort mode unless you press the accelerator pedal harder - absolutely hate 'Auto' as its unpredictable and absolutely guarantees the evil eye from the passenger seat (its even worse in the F3). Ex tail pipe valve opens over 6,000 rpm.
Dynamic - decreases power assistance so steering feels more 'meaty'. Ex tail pipe valve opens over 6,000 rpm.

With the Transmission lever in Sport Mode, all of the above still apply (especially the evil eye bit except for the tail pipe valve) and you get the blipped throttle bit as it changes down - for me Sport Mode is rarely needed in the real world. Ex tail pipe valve is open permanently....

You can see the attraction of a controller for the ex tail pipe valve I'm sure...

Reactions: DavidS and -Ju-

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Thanks.
As it doesn’t appear to have flash suspension, it looks like dynamic for me.
I hate US style steering…a bit of meatiness is more my thing.
Lurchy will not go down well with the co-driver.

New question. How much is the MMI Nav upgrade? I think it is decently cheaper than the SD version.

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have standard sports suspension on my 45TFSI. After experimentation, Dynamic was for me. You need to experiment as this is a personal preference.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
You can get the tech pack update for around £70, more complicated now to install than previously.

AUDI MMI RMC/3G BASIC/3G HIGH/3G PLUS Retrofit CarPlay and Android Auto Kit – Integrated automotive UK
One of these looks like decent value, your phone provides the technology and the existing display and buttons provide the user interface.
Thanks John.
I don’t mind paying a fair price to update the nav (maybe around £200) but I am a very low user so certainly wouldn’t justify a whole hardware change. A holder for my iphone would be a couple of quid.

I can’t check the spec now as the car has been taken off the Used Car Search but it definitely has the Technology Pack.

The salesman has got me to download the Audi Plug and Play DataPlug app and will set it up tomorrow. Not fully au fait with what that gives me.
Edit. It looks like Find my Car is the only worthwhile bit that I can see.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you get the vin from the salesman you can set up the myaudi app which will tell you the options, also don't forget when you are there to get him to set you up on the system as the owner for full myaudi app access

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
I’ve got the MyAudi app already so I’ll give it a try as he sent me photos of the V5.

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
I got my last 8U map update here:

VAG-TECHNIK
stores.ebay.co.uk/vag-technik
[email protected]

'Julian' really helpful chap - he will want all the details of the existing software versions.

The salesman has got you to download the 'MyAudi' app, really get's into its own on the later cars.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tomorrow is (hopefully) the day!! As long as Dartford isn’t solid again.

Quick question. Comfort / Auto / Dynamic.
Who what why where when? I don’t think it has flash suspension.
Leave mine in Dynamic all the time for the "weighted" feel of the steering. Other than that I only ever choose "comfort" when I'm on a long motorway run as this closes off the "drone" from my valves being open as I have Cete installed. Oh and Comfort when I take her in for service/ MOT as this closes my valves incase it flags any issues with noise or whatever ;)
Never bothered with NAV update on mine, being SD NAV. Much prefer Waze or Google Maps.
Enjoy it mate

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Mine sd nav won’t transmit google maps from my iphone to the car other than occasionally muting the radio.
The newer Suzuki Vitara we rented in South Africa last year surprised us by linking automatically.
If google maps will transmit to the MMI Navigation Plus, then I’ll happily stick with that and by a clip on holder rather than the weighted dash top one I’ve got.
Don’t try and take one through security as hand luggage though as they don’t like hundreds of ball bearings in the cabin! As I was only going to Edinburgh from Gatwick they guessed I wasn't a risk and let me through.

121 - 140 of 254 Posts