Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐
After some eye rolling, I have permission to try an RSQ3!!!!
:):):)

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
(Covers ears and shuts eyes...) La la la la I can't hear you.. 🎧😇

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
376 Posts
Well I think the 8U RSQ3 is the most utterly brilliant car I've ever owned. I'm sure the F3 is an evolution to that if you have money to burn
It has that little extra X factor that just makes you smile and turns every trip into an occasion 😁

·
Registered
57 Posts
🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐
After some eye rolling, I have permission to try an RSQ3!!!!
:):):)
Are you going to test the one at Maidstone that RSQ3John identified, or keep your eye open for something else?

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
The burden of responsibility I carry is enormous. :love:

DavidS is firmly in the camp of an 8U in terms of available budget and car technology. I'm with Ju - the RSQ3 is utterly brilliant, all the practicality of a regular Q3 with the insanity of the 5 pot lump up front. It isn't all about speed or power though, RSQ3' have character by the bucket load and that's the bit, for me, that makes the ownership experience really special. Enjoy it David.

Reactions: TheJam and -Ju-

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, previous version with a £30k max budget.
Just to upset John, pano sunroof isn’t a must have. I’m not a huge one for extras on a car, such as cruise...never used it in the UK and rarely in Europe or the US as I get bored too quickly.

Sadly they don’t do test drives at the moment at Maidstone as they can’t/won/t do unaccompanied drives. They do have a 7(?) day money back guarantee though but I would need to look into the fine print.
There is another one near Croydon to phone tomorrow but also a non franchised dealer so may be the same issue.
I am wary because 3 years of pummelling in my JCW Mini makes we wan’t to be sure it is comfy, not rigid.

Any other cars are the wrong side of the Thames for easy access but I’ll have a look later.

·
Registered
RSQ3 Performance Dec 66 plate,
78 Posts
David RSQ3 ,s are more comfy than JCW ,s we have a JCW,s as a shopping trolley , good fast (ish) fun but a hard ride compared to the RS,

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not keen on white though.
I want to just try one first to see what it’s like. After that I don’t mind a trek or a delivery...done that with two motorbikes.

Thanks re JCW comparison.

·
Registered
376 Posts
We've had a couple of minis (not jcw but cooper S) and they are fun but inherently uncomfortable.
If you can find an RSQ3 with the damper control it will be as comfy a car as you will have owned even on 20’s

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, previous version with a £30k max budget.
Just to upset John, pano sunroof isn’t a must have. I’m not a huge one for extras on a car, such as cruise...never used it in the UK and rarely in Europe or the US as I get bored too quickly.

Sadly they don’t do test drives at the moment at Maidstone as they can’t/won/t do unaccompanied drives. They do have a 7(?) day money back guarantee though but I would need to look into the fine print.
There is another one near Croydon to phone tomorrow but also a non franchised dealer so may be the same issue.
I am wary because 3 years of pummelling in my JCW Mini makes we wan’t to be sure it is comfy, not rigid.

Any other cars are the wrong side of the Thames for easy access but I’ll have a look later.
Happy to see you have managed to “negotiate” with your better half the possibility of RSQ3 ownership David. I can assure you that somehow Audi have managed to equip the RS with an amazingly comfortable ride….the ride on swmbo’s Black Edition 8U Q3 is noticeably firmer than mine,though still nowhere near filling rattling. One less thing for you to concern yourself with….enjoy the search to RS ownership sir!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The white car at Harrogate looks a lovely example,and I don’t normally like white either David. Good find Alan 👏🏻

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We've had a couple of minis (not jcw but cooper S) and they are fun but inherently uncomfortable.
If you can find an RSQ3 with the damper control it will be as comfy a car as you will have owned even on 20’s
My wife has had her Cooper from new in 2003 and still only done 39k miles.
I grunt when I fall into it and to get out I have to swivel both legs out and then heave on the A & B pillars and groan as I struggle upright. No strength left in my poor knees.
My JCW was brilliant fun as a second car to my BMW 130i but the deterioration in local road surfaces finished me off with it.

Reactions: -Ju-

·
Registered
376 Posts
My wife has had her Cooper from new in 2003 and still only done 39k miles.
I grunt when I fall into it and to get out I have to swivel both legs out and then heave on the A & B pillars and groan as I struggle upright. No strength left in my poor knees.
My JCW was brilliant fun as a second car to my BMW 130i but the deterioration in local road surfaces finished me off with it.
I know how you feel David, if I ever went back to a low riding car, I think I'd have to roll out and then clamber up lol
I never test drove my RSQ3 before I bought it or any other one for that matter, I just knew it was right. Eight months on my opinion has only been reinforced.
I know you said options don't matter to you but trust me two identical looking cars can be vastly different in reality.
Looks like the RS pull has you now though so enjoy the hunt!

Reactions: TheJam and DavidS

·
Registered
RSQ3 Performance Dec 66 plate,
78 Posts
Very nice Blue (Best colour) imo/ @ Preston Part Ex Centre. But not a Audi dealer, over priced for a 65 plate. But nice car.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts