Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know the exact English name for this, butit just lit up :-( And 500 km from home... argh... anybody knows what this can be about?!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you have your machine in for warranty upgrade? After mine was in i got the same light, se here:
http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/warranty-powertrain-fix_topic437.html?SID=31362123877187245f2f1bed7413f7719791667#3379
Audi told me that if the engine runs fine and the light is solid you can drive to your Audi dealer (but check with them first for advice).If the light is pulsing or you feel problems with the engine stop right away and call assistance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Audi4ever, you're right. Yellow, the one in your link.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Benji: haven't had it in for anything so far. I stopped at a local audi shop and asked, since the manual said to do so. He told me I could probably (!) drive home (500 km) wo problems. Will call my home-audi-rep from the car tomorrow. Wouldn't like it to break down high in the mountains now with winter and all... :-(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stopped for a break during my long drive home to call my local Audi, and was again assured that it was safe to drive on as long as the light was solid and I didn't notice any differentbehaviorfrom the engine. The most extraordinary thing is that when I started up again after this 10 min break, the light did not come on at all! And it has stayed away since! Strange.
I'm guessing that somewhere in the software there is a threshold for some sensor causing the light that is set a tad aggressively. Or that some air flow to the engine was partly clogged up by some of all that snow, water and slush I had to plow through that day!
Btw., the 27D4-update is some sort of software update for a diagnostics interface, probably independent of any of this exhaust indicator stuff. But I'm only guessing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
JayN said:
I stopped for a break during my long drive home to call my local Audi, and was again assured that it was safe to drive on as long as the light was solid and I didn't notice any differentbehaviorfrom the engine. The most extraordinary thing is that when I started up again after this 10 min break, the light did not come on at all! And it has stayed away since! Strange.
I'm guessing that somewhere in the software there is a threshold for some sensor causing the light that is set a tad aggressively. Or that some air flow to the engine was partly clogged up by some of all that snow, water and slush I had to plow through that day!</font>
Btw., the 27D4-update is some sort of software update for a diagnostics interface, probably independent of any of this exhaust indicator stuff. But I'm only guessing.
How are the winter tyres??

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KEW said:
How are the winter tyres??
Fantastic!
Well, they performed as expected, I guess. It is hard to distinguish between the effects of a great car, new and good tyres, and the 4wd technology, in many cases. Luckily, I didn't have to do any emergency braking, which would be the ultimate test of the tyres.
That said, it was great fun to catch up with people troddling along well below the speed limit. Whether the reason being inferior tyres, car, a geriatric driver, or maybe just being more sensible than yours truly, I don't know. Anyway, it was nooo problem whatsoever just to pull out into the slush and ice and snow between the lanes, open all valves, and just let the roaring Q3 rocket away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts