Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I've been following the forum for a while and have now decided the gorgeous Q3 is the one for me! Got my test drive tomorrow and hopefully will be placing my order. Still undecided between the SE and the S line, any advice?

·
Registered
274 Posts
S-line only makes sense if you want all the extra bits. There were some bits I could live without so I went for SE so I could spend the money on things I wanted ie sports seats and bigger rims weren't as important to me as getting the more powerful diesel.

Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean. It's kind of about the seats for me. With most of my options budget dedicated to sat nav, rear cameras and privacy glass, can't really stretch to full leather and heated seats, so thought upgrading model to S line would give me half leather but not increase the monthly cost as much, as depreciation should be less than the SE (apparently?).

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Hi Shadowlady, welcome to the forum. Seats are a very personal thing with widely differing opinions as to what is comfortable and what ain't. I personally prefer the standard SE seats - I find them wonderfully comfortable - but a lot of folks prefer the extra side supports provided by the sports type that I find a pain in the arse climbing over. You would be well advised to try both at the Audi dealer before finalising your order.

I think the point about comparative depreciation is a bit of testicular ventriloquism on the part of the salesperson (he was talking bollocks) as the depreciation difference would be miniscule after a few years.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Shadowlady and again, welcome.
I don't know if you've ever had a car with a rear camera in the past, but if you haven't it may well be worth a rethink. I had one on a new model Ford Escape (Mk2 Ford Kuga) in Canada earlier this year, it was a novelty for the first couple of days but I don't think I used it for the rest of the fortnight! If you've had one and find you couldn't live without it fair enough.
Residuals can be quite different if you're buying on a PCP. The GFMV of an SE vs an SLine could vary by up to a couple of grand at the end of a 3 year contract regardless of the options that are loaded on the SE. Unfortunately, options lose most of their value come resale time, they might just make the car easier to move on. But I agree with Gromit, the longer you keep the car, the less the difference becomes.

Enjoy the test drive!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Agree with Gromit - I tried both seats, but the SE was more than comfortable enough for my aging bones - there is quite a premium on the S-Line - but if you want your creature comforts, I'd go SE with heated leather seats and a few bells-and-whistles,over a basic S-Line... I mean you do spend your time on the inside, looking out!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Had my test drive today and as predicted, absolutely loved it! The test car was an s-line so got to feel the suspension (not noticeable harder than my current car) and the seats (comfy). As I like the half leather seats, xenons and chrome grill now getting it all priced up, very excited. Malph - yes doing pcp so upgrading seems to only alter the balloon payment rather than the monthly, and could give me better trade in price. Although now in a total quandary re colour......drove a glacier white today and saw a brilliant black down there.....they both look great. Help!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi Malph. I agree with your comments on rear view camera's. My present car has this fitted and I never use it, if you have the power folding mirrors that dip during reversing and with the acoustic sensors it is much easier and rewarding to use this method to reverse.. John h. Q3 se with folding mirrors, build week 3.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi again Shadowlady.
Your quandary with colour is probably the one we all have. I think the Q3 looks pretty good in all the available choices (even Orange) One thing to consider is if you're going for an SE, whether you're going for full colour bodywork or leaving the wheel arches in black plastic. Some colours don't seem to work so well with them IMO.
Black is a nightmare to keep clean.....regardless of the weather and shows every mark and speck of dust, had a black car once and vowed never again. Strangely I found my White BMW quite easy to look after, particularly with water marks, you just can't see them on white!
There's some good pics of most colours in the Gallery on the forum they should help a bit..........good luck

·
Registered
274 Posts
Exciting times ShadowLady - sounds like it's a done deal. I think colour is the hardest decision to make. The white does look awesome. Couldn't imagine white being a popular choice on a high end car ten years ago. I've gone for cobalt blue - and I haven't even seen the colour in the metal yet.
I only put my order in last week - then changed it almost completely today - so would be interesting to see whose arrives first....

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Glacier White is nice, but i am biased

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The cobalt blue is gorgeous, especially with your leather choice. Alas, I could never keep that as immaculate as I would want it, just my dark jeans alone would ruin it, let alone my 10 year old lol. Well, the good news is my dealer has done me a great deal on the s-line so that sorts out my leather seats hurray!! So, now it's down to colour choice. Have decided to keep the camera as my current car has one, and after my test drive today without one, it's become abundantly clear just how much I have come to rely on it. So spec is looking like this..... Q3 2.0 TDI s-line manual, sat nav, rear camera, advanced key........colour tbc .....*off to covet the gallery pics*.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very, very nice!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts