Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a paint protection is added to the order, is it done at the factory or at the dealer? What is actually done? and how do you know its been done, apart from the extra charge on the invoice!!
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
It is done at the dealer, often by a local contractor. No doubt there are differing opinions on this but I have been warned more than once by those in the car sales business that these coatings are simply a way of "adding value" i.e. extracting more dosh from the customer.

I have only had one car coated in this way and it was a complete pain in the arse. It wouldn't polish up properly and wouldn't come off either.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have glass coating (Gzox, Soft 99). After a year, the gloss has not changed a bit. I only use water jet for cleaning and dry off with clean lint-free cloth. I do this approximately once a month.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've never had any of these fancy coatings, i give the car a full clean half a dozen times a year and find it shines like new anyway. I used to clean my cars ever week with the best of stuff but come trade in they don't care so i don't bother as much nowadays.

·
Registered
192 Posts
buy autoglym pdi kit from ebay mine cost me £15 and do it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts