Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to deactivate start/stop system on my 2.0 tdi .If someone is interested it is as follows:
09 electric- coding- long coding helper - byte 26 -bit 0 <i style="line-height: 1.4;">(external start/stop information active)[/i] untick - exit - do it - ready.I have tested the car after the mod - engine never stopped - just a crossed start/stop symbol appears on the DIS. If engine stalls depressing clutch will still make it start - don't have to turn key.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Don't suppose you could get this to apply to my other half as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Niiice! No-one's ever found a solution before. I foresee a lot of folks trying it now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
just got a new 65 plate Q3don't seem to have start/stop unless its been deactivated?

·
Registered
630 Posts
You will have it as I believe it's now mandatory and there's no official way to disable it.
Make sure the engine is fully warmed up then fully depress the brake pedal and the engine should stop. Lift your foot and the engine should restart. That's what happens with the auto gearbox; I don't know how it works with manual.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
If the SS system is not active (due to engine parameters not being met) there will be a small A in a circle with a line through it indicated at the bottom of the instrument centre graphic display.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Defiantly does not stop the engine
Went and did 35 mile run when I got it Tuesday and the engine does
Not cut out, I got it on my works van but not working on my Q3

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
There should be a button on your dash with an 'A' and a circle around it with the word 'OFF' underneath. Thats the start/stop deactivation button. If you have this button then you have stop/start. If the button has a light on then the stop/start is disabled.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The SS button has been well engineered, it's the most pressed button in my car and still works.

·
Registered
393 Posts
you have the option to reverse the Start/Stop with specific software, that means by default it's deactivated and when you push button, it activates

·
Registered
170 Posts
kostas-k said:
you have the option to reverse the Start/Stop with specific software, that means by default it's deactivated and when you push button, it activates
I used VCDS and coded as listed above.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In this way, the SS system is deactivated, but the car does not know it. Therefore every time you stop, the message appears in FIS as when it is activated.
It is a bit sloppy, but at least it is effective.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wish tgere was a way of coding it off the RS ,tried coding but comes up with "not supported " :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts