Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. my Q3 has arrived in Port at Tyneside and is ready to be sent to my dealership - about 40 miles down the road.

Interesting call from the dealer (who have been pretty rubbish in terms of comms to be honest).

I need to go in early next week to sign some pre-registration documents relating to my personalised plate and they can then arrange collection for sometime next week or the week after.
Any ideas what this pre-registration document might be? Theyve had by retention certificate for weeks now, all signed ready to go - which they told me they could do as soon as they knew the vehicles VIN number. Looks like this hasnt happened. Im fine taking collection of the car on a '13 plate provided they are still doing the necessary with the DVLa on my behalf. Im just unsure what this pre-registration document is all about.

Oh and 'the week after next' isnt good enough for me.. my company car goes back next Saturday so really.. if you havemy carMr Dealer.. and youve registered it onto a number plate - '13 or my personalised one.... then I would likemy new carplease! After all.. I have paid for it and Ive only been waiting 12 weeks or so!

·
Registered
107 Posts
In the same situation, was told the car would be at the dealer today but had to wait up to 5 working days to be able to pick it up. They also have my signed retention certificate. I've not yet signed any finance paperwork :(

I emailed my salesman on Wednesday to see whats going on and still not had a reply either - worst bit is he is getting married this weekend and off on his honeymoon, so god knows who will be dealing with my order...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your dealer is as forth coming as mine... I'm waiting on a call back re delivery next Friday so I'm not without transport when the company car gets returned. They've never responded directly to any emails or calls so far so I may have to go drop in over the weekend

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah definitely go there if they're ignoring you - hope you get through to your dealer some how!!!

To be fair to my dealer (Guildford), 5 minutes after I typed my above reply they rang me and confirmed Tuesday for paperwork, Thursday for pickup - I'm so excited!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow.. The magic q3 delivery fairy must be out and about.. Finally called me back after I left a voicemail at 3pm.. Tomorrow signing paperwork and collecting Friday morning.. Not entirely sure if my personalised plate will be on yet though.. With that and the surprise 2014 build who knows what ill be getting!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
A day of good news for both of us!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, and your dealer should run through that with you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts