Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table style="table-layout: fixed;" ="tableBorder" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="3" align="center">
<t><tr ="msgOddTableSide"><td>Lowered tailgate opening height
Posted: 14 May 2012 at 4:02pm</td></tr><tr ="msgOddTableRow"><td style="border-bottom-width: 0px;" ="msgLineDevider" height="84" vAlign="top"><div style="overflow: auto; : left;" ="msg">

here is the relevant part number from audi UK The new Q3 tailgate strut will be available to order from mid-end of June 2012.

Currently, the part is priced at around £24.71 inc VAT and we are anticipating similar pricing for the new strut, when this
becomes available.

The part number you require is 8U0 827 552B.

hope this helps

hi guys it took some time but these struts are now available from the audi dealerships

they lower the opening height by approx 6 inches = 15 cm

took me 5 mins to fit them , got 20 % discount .</td></tr></t>
</table>

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
albatros325 said:
I got quoted £31-75 each from Dundee Audi plus fitting. What discount did you get?
as i said in my post 20% discountyou only need a small straght screwdriver and some one to support the tailgate while you change them just put the screwdriver in the spring clip to release the pressure and hit the strut with your hand knocking it away from the body , replace one strut at a time one strut is NOT strong enought to support the tailgate so be careful .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts