Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Going to visit my sister at the weekend and her hubby has VCDS

I've read a few old posts regarding coding the fob to be able to close the boot, has anyone ever did this successfully?

Any other nifty ones that you would recommend?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
738 Posts
I believe the fob can only be coded for remote close if you have Advanced key, else it can't. Happy to be proved wrong, but that's my understanding

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah that's no bother! Thanks for clearing that one up for me!

Any other interesting ones?

·
Registered
738 Posts
To be honest I'm not into VCDS, the man who knows on here is Spike and I ink most, if not all VCDS options that are possible are already in (this) VCDS sub- forum. So probably worth a read through e threads in that section to see what can be done.

Most who have folding mirrors get the coding done to make the mirrors fold on locking the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks again for the reply and info, I'll have a butchers at what's been wrote previously

Cheers

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My FL has Advanced Key and I can close the boot remotely - however it's sod all use in the real world, a one-time gimmick.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
RSQ3John said:
My FL has Advanced Key and I can close the boot remotely - however it's sod all use in the real world, a one-time gimmick.
Absolutely correct, but only because you have to be standing right next to the bloomin' rear hatch and keep hold of the button while it closes......stupid really and Audi cannot say it's a "safety feature" because I can press the close and lock button on the hatch and just walk away while it's closing, it's a dumb implementation.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I coded mine to open and close with the remote, long press to open and a short press to close, works at the same distance as locking / unlocking so can have boot open when I get there

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have the advanced key? And if not can you post the coding for this :)

Cheers

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Chippie said:
I coded mine to open and close with the remote, long press to open and a short press to close, works at the same distance as locking / unlocking so can have boot open when I get there
Mine opens at the same distance as the remote locking no problem, it is the keyless/convenience key system that requires you stand close to the hatch when closing.
If you have coded your system to close the hatch at the same distance as the normal central locking, then that would be very useful and the coding info would be most welcome.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Some VCDS mods that work for 2016 Q3
I've been having a lot of fun with these mods after getting the RT cable. I've found that a lot of sites that document codes for the Q3 are actually posting lists for other Audi's and the codes don't work on the Q3. Here are some that I have done personally on my 2016 Q3. Many of these are already posted on this forum so I've duplicated them for confirmation but I've added some new ones too. I've arranged them in order of program sequence. Enjoy!

Use Remote to Close Windows & Sunroof with extended hold on lock button

[09 - Cent. Elec.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 3
Bit 5 - Comfort Operation via Remote Control active
Select

Enable Independent Fogs control with high beams

[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 14
Bit 2 – Uncheck

Cornering Fog Light

[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 14
Bit 7 - Active

DRLs (LEDs) Remain on During Turn Signal

[09 - Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 15
Bit 3 - Uncheck

Enable Split Brake/Turn Signals in Rear LEDs

[09 - Cent. Elec.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte18
[Bit 0 - 7] "84 Light Setup : Audi Q3 (8UB) Bi-Xenon (PR8BP/8IH) | LED Tails (PR-8SK) | DRLs (PR-8K4)"
Select

Change Number of Turn Signal Cycles on Comfort

[09 - Cent. Elec.]
[Adaptation - 10] -> [Select from Drop-Down menu] ->
[Comfort Turn Signals (Cycles)] ->
[Channel 31]
Set Value to 2 through 5

Turn Seat Belt Warning Chime Off

[17 - Instruments]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> [Byte 1]
[Bit 1 - Seat Belt Warning active/installed]
UnCheck Box

Enable Gauge Pointer Sweep on Start

[17 - Instruments]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel - Staging
Set to "active"

Enable Lap Timer/Oil Temp in DIS

[17 - Instruments]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel - Lap counter
Set to "on"

Enable Boost Pressure in LT DIS

[17 - Instruments]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel - boost_pressure
Set to "on"

Enable Hidden menu in MMI 3G

[5F - Information Electr.]
[Adaptation - 10] -> [Channel 6]
Change 0 to 1

To access the hidden menu, hold down Car and Menu together for 5 seconds

Disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed

[5F - Information Electr.]
[Adaptation - 10] -> [Channel 2 & 3]
Set to 250

Close rear hatch with remote (single press)

[6D - Trunk Elect.]
[security Access - 16] -> code: 12345
[Adaptation - 10]
(3)-Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key-Touch function for closing
not active
(4)-Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key-Tap function for closing
active

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great post and thanks for the info, I'm sure a lot of members will be trying some of these out asap , thanks again

·
Registered
165 Posts
Your welcome
I copped and pasted the contents of the link that doesn't seem to work so can't take all the credit

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, still appreciated though buddy!

Without sounding like a dum dum what do the 2 mods with the fog lights do exactly?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I haven't done them all, but think one will put fogs on with high beam and the other will switch a fog light on, on the same side the car is turning a corner, think it's at speeds less than 20mph

·
Registered
630 Posts
NeilK said:
without sounding even dumber - what the **** does all that mean ? where do you change the settings ?
In the VCDS software running on your laptop which will be connected to the car by a VCDS cable.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I would advise strongly against having the DRLs stay lit when the DI is being used, the DRL is bright enough to completely obscure the DI and will be quite a hazard.
DRLs (LEDs) Remain on During Turn Signal

[09 - Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 15
Bit3- Uncheck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All,

I tried coding the tailgate to close with the remote key and also with the interior switch in driver's door (the one used to open the tailgate)

It worked for the interior switch but not with the remote key although i followed the instructions correctly.

Did i miss smthg ?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts