Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out my trye pressure monitoring system worked yesterday , just getting home from a trip into wales and the system said check tyre pressures , and the little orange wheel stayed lit, luckily I was only 2 miles from my local tyre place so I went in and there was a large screw that had gone between the tread blocks on the nearside rear wheel , pressure was down to 1-8 bar , cost me £15- 30 p for a repair job .Lot better than a new tyre

·
Registered
563 Posts
A **** of a lot cheaper than a new tyre, my dealer quoted me £280 for one

·
Registered
485 Posts
I wanted the spare tyre option, but the dealer told me that it was not available with the Audi sound system. I ordered the TPMS instead. Having learnt on here that it was available I changed the order, cancelled the TPMS and ordered the spare tyre.

I have had the TPMS on my Tiguan for 3 years and it has never gone off once (no punctures- yipee). I replaced the original tyres for the Pirellis previously mentioned and have no complaints.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like the TPM works well. I was convinced by my Audi dealer (in Australia) not to get it as it was more of a hassle. Has anyone had any issues with it? If not, I might see if still possible to add.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Radicool said:
Sounds like the TPM works well. I was convinced by my Audi dealer (in Australia) not to get it as it was more of a hassle. Has anyone had any issues with it? If not, I might see if still possible to add.
I had it on my last audi and had no problems , also had it on my mk 5 glof gti it notified me of a slow puncture on that and saved me the expense of a new tyre , so i would certainly go for it .I think it is becoming standard fit to all new cars in europe this year , sure i read about it somewhere .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I will try and see if they'll let me change the specs (week 14 build). Annoying when the dealer gives misinformation!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts