Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite bad in their approach. I'd originally gone over there as they were one of the few dealerships which offer 24 hours test drives. Initially arranged to do so a couple of weeks back. Told I needed to do a meet/greet/accompanied test drive first, before they would hand the car over. Fine no problem. Arrived at the dealership to be told that oh didn't realise you wanted the 24hr drive (despite agreeing on the phone and by email)!

Then told we Can't today anyway as the bloke whose car I would be borrowing for the day was ill, but we can offer you a standard test drive and rearrange the extended. Fine I said. Briefly discussed a few figures - inquired as to whether they would attempt to offer discounts -Salesman replied that he wasn't sure and could I send over a couple of quotes so they could see. Ok no problem.

Heard nothing from them for 2 weeks despite a bit of prompting. Called yesterday to confirm the extended drive. Given the run around, and salesman was never available and failed to call back when he stated (pet hate of mine). Then has the gall to say that the 24 hour drive offer was a complete miscommunication, and that they were happy to come over to do so, but only if I agreed a deal with them first as they wouldn't offer any discounts (or even attempt to!). Jaw dropped a little at that!.

Sent back an email reply cancelling the test drive as I said I'm not prepared to agree to any deal until I've tested a car to my satisfaction! No deal for you Swindon Audi - Very definitley avoid!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try a Inchcape dealership, do your homework and discounts of over £3000 are available (my Q3's ordered for September)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Be careful posting about Swindon Audi!

·
Registered
113 Posts
cappy said:
Be careful posting about Swindon Audi!
Just got to ask you Cappy, why?

·
Registered
204 Posts
We had some issues with a TT from there and I posted the issues on a forum. When we had a meeting with the sales manager they brought up the fact I posted on a forum and on Facebook! so they have spies out there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
cappy said:
We had some issues with a TT from there and I posted the issues on a forum. When we had a meeting with the sales manager they brought up the fact I posted on a forum and on Facebook! so they have spies out there.
As long as it is the truth and can be proven, what does it matter?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If they are rubbish they need to be told they are rubbish.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Badapple said:
If they are rubbish they need to be told they are rubbish. 
Absolutely, as long as it is tempered with the understanding it was just one incident..........so far.

Having said that I certainly would have walked as well.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I would say to contact Audi Customer Care and tel them your experience, preferably by email or snail mail. They keep tabs on complaints about dealers and dealers get reprimanded if to many people complain and get given satisfaction targets to meet. Ultimately if they fail to meet those targets then they lose the franchise.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bought my Q3 from Swindon Audi, three years ago and l have had nothing but good to say about them! Ashley Savides is the senior salesman who would take a dim view of his sales team acting in such a manner!

·
Registered
204 Posts
We had a few bad experiences from them but that is in the past. I have to say however I have sent a few enquiries in using the contact form thing on their website and no reply from any of them despite it saying they reply in two hours.
We will see how we get on when our Q3 arrives.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I wasn't that impressed by the sales side but the service department has been excellent in dealing with a warranty issue.
The indie I used for the car's 1-year oil change reported a leak from the transmission which I reported to Swindon Audi. They booked the car in, arranging for a courtesy car. When I took the car in I requested a different, smaller, courtesy car which they arranged. I was asked to bring the car back after 500 miles for the seals to be checked which I did. There was still a problem so the car was booked in for three days which turned into five as there was a delay identifying the seal that was causing the problem.
I got phone calls when I was told I would; the car was cleaned each time it was there; I was asked for permission when they wanted to put 100 miles on it to check their work. I was also only charged the collision waiver for the courtesy car for the first visit.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Did I understand correctly that you were charged some kind of insurance fee for the loan car?
If so how much was it and is this standard practise in your area?

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's an optional £15 per day and reduces the excess from £1000 to £50. It's a standard hire-car practice.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Odd, I was told if I needed a loan car (Audi) for a warranty issue there would be no charge, if I wanted one while the car was in for a service I could pay the waiver charge.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I wasn't told that. I did say I wasn't impressed by the sales side.....
In the end I only paid for two days but had courtesy cars for a total of eight. I got some useful extended test drives and we've definitely decided that the increased bum height of a 4x4/SUV/crossover/whatever is what we need from now on.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Snapshot said:
and we've definitely decided that the increased bum height of a 4x4/SUV/crossover/whatever is what we need from now on.
Indeed, until most people try a 4x4 or MPV with heightened driving position they dismiss the cars as an unnecessary extravagance, once they drive them it "clicks", unless they are tree hugging, spinach juice drinking, pinko commies!
Ooops, went into US General Useless Loudvoice mode there for a second

·
Super Moderator
3,114 Posts
Boxbrownie said:
Snapshot said:
and we've definitely decided that the increased bum height of a 4x4/SUV/crossover/whatever is what we need from now on.
Indeed, until most people try a 4x4 or MPV with heightened driving position they dismiss the cars as an unnecessary extravagance, once they drive them it "clicks", unless they are tree hugging, spinach juice drinking, pinko commies!
Ooops, went into US General Useless Loudvoice mode there for a second
You missed of 'sandal-wearing' from your list of insults - its really important to get these things right...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Travelled some distance to see a car there, only to find it had been wrongly described as automatic when it wasn't. The sales guy was suitably apologetic, but we still had a wasted journey. Too far to go for servicing, so haven't been back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts