Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking to order Q3 this week. It will most likely be SE trim. I have always driven manual cars and would like some advice if S tronic is a really worthwhile addition or should I stick with 2.0 TDI manual. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site.Early reports claimed that the 2wd was a better drive because of the weight advantage over the quattro and performance wise there isnt much between them because of this. Obviously in bad weather it wont have the same grip but I remember one magazine quoting that you should go for the 2WD and use the saving to buy winter tyres claiming a 2WD with winter tyres would be better than a quattro on summer ones.I think the 2WD 140 will be a good option as it will probably handle better than than the 170 quattro and is more frugal. Depends on your circumstances and what is more important.Demos should be out next month so maybe worth waiting and testing both variants.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gareth,
Thanks for response and some good info. Looks like I'm going to go for manual with SE trim and spec up with leather seats, Bose, cruise control, lights pack and DAB radio.
Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts