Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Can I ask if anyone has experienced the same issue as me. In the past couple of weeks my car has whilst slowing down has made a loud bang/clunck as if it come from the gear box, definately to dowith the transmission, this did make a jolt in the car. Though the car is in D and a low gear.It happened whilst hovering over the pedels, deciding where I was driving, when driving around some country lanes, not that Ithink this makes any difference, I have had the issue with the vibration sorted I think, seems to be ok now, guess time will tell on that issue.please help with any info, car is booked in for 26th

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've not experienced this at all, definitely something for the garage to look at.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do Contrition, my partner is an ex machanic, though he has been out the trade for a few years now, he was driving when this happened, I was the passenger. He diffinately said wow something is not right here,

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi
VAG group DSG/Stronic gearboxes are prone to problems.
Try googling mechatronic problems, this may answer your question.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
I don't think you should be too alarmed by the Google results. There are no relevant posts later than 2009-2010 and there is a big difference between the Mechatronic 'box and the Audi S-Tronic. I couldn't find anything that related to the current version S-Tronic 'box as fitted to Audis but there were definite problems with DSG 'boxes fitted to VWs 2007-2009.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Gromit,starting to worry as I've had the vibration issue and now this intermittent problem, I'm loving the car, but don't want anythng to go wrong with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts