Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
49 Posts
Good luck with that. The My Audi app is shite! I've just been awarded the Ant bonus (car hasn't moved in 7 days) which it most definitely has:rolleyes: phone with me every time lol..........

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Good. news hopefully. It's actually quite hard to thrash an RS because the Stronic will just change up, the rapidly acquired speed collects bends for at an astonishing rate. :)

Reactions: Mark 64

·
Registered
937 Posts
That's good news, at least it has not been torched. You need to check a number of things as it is likely it will have been driven hard. If it has done less than 1000 miles then forget it. Check the bodywork, the steering wheel alignment and the alloy wheels for kerbing. If they have been kerbed or the steering wheel is out of alignment then it is likely that the suspension geometry has been damaged and it will need a four post alignment and/or the track rod ends will need to be replaced. Check the trip computer as this might give you some clues as how it has been driven and how far it has gone. If all the checks you do are okay then I would not worry but I would still take it to an Audi dealer or an indie for a health check.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Latest update car was found in Dachet on false plates, car is being moved to Woking so the SOCO team to carry out further investigation.
They won’t let me look at the car at the moment as in secure compound but they said they can’t see any damage body work

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Excellent news so far then!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Good news so far. If you can, ask them if there is any damage to the alloys.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Really hoping your car is in a condition you will be happy to have back,good luck 🤞🏻🤞🏻

·
Registered
90 Posts
Promising news Mark... Praying the scroats haven't done severe damage... Was the car far from where it was taken...?

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
240 Posts
For me the best case scenario is definitely possible for you, that is the car back undamaged.
I'm not sure how this sits with the insurance company if its ok as although there potentially won't be a payout and so no claim, it will show as an "incident " on the history.
Get some extra security lined up as I'm sure your excited to get the car back 🤞

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
For me the best case scenario is definitely possible for you, that is the car back undamaged.
I'm not sure how this sits with the insurance company if its ok as although there potentially won't be a payout and so no claim, it will show as an "incident " on the history.
Get some extra security lined up as I'm sure your excited to get the car back 🤞
I will be getting a tracker fitted to this one or it’s replacement plus will look into other things. I have ordered extra security lights that will be getting fitted out of reach plus getting a price for CCTV to be fitted to cover front and rear of house

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
240 Posts
I have hikvision 4k cameras but in all honesty they don't make a jot of difference as most theives are camera savvy and the cameras look down. I also have a nest doorbell which I would rate above the cctv as it gives a direct view straight up the drive at eye level.
I'd say a steering lock is a must.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The trouble with cctv is that the scrotes just wear dark clothes and hoods.
But....it can act as enough deterrent to make them go somewhere less risky.
Can you put a secure gate or strong posts on the drive?

Or, sick jokingly, tie a steel hawser from the tow bar to the house.

Hope it goes ok for you.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Mark64 - I do have a brand-new Rhino anchor - one of those telescopic post anchor things you bury in your drive and concrete in as a security device - found it under the garage bench last weekend. I reckon it had come form my parents former house when I cleared it 9 years ago. They were keen on caravans whereas I have a positive aversion (family holidays in the wretched things might have had something to do with it). The anchor is probably 35+ years old at a guess, you can have it if you wish - it is way too heavy to post but if you find yourself near J15 of the M40 then its yours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Mark64 - I do have a brand-new Rhino anchor - one of those telescopic post anchor things you bury in your drive and concrete in as a security device - found it under the garage bench last weekend. I reckon it had come form my parents former house when I cleared it 9 years ago. They were keen on caravans whereas I have a positive aversion (family holidays in the wretched things might have had something to do with it). The anchor is probably 35+ years old at a guess, you can have it if you wish - it is way too heavy to post but if you find yourself near J15 of the M40 then its yours.
Cheers John not sure when I be up that way next but will give you a shout when I am (y)

·
Registered
90 Posts
You got access to your car yet Mark to inspect the "crime scene"?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
You got access to your car yet Mark to inspect the "crime scene"?
Not yet hopefully will be getting picked up next week by the repair garage, who are going to give a full health check and also having the locks changed over.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not yet hopefully will be getting picked up next week by the repair garage, who are going to give a full health check and also having the locks changed over.
Really hope it’s going to work out well for you Mark🤞🏻You deserve it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Small update the car is now at garage and finally have a curtesy car, brand new Corsa with only 13 miles on it.

I have arranged with the garage for me to pop down and finally get to inspect the car to see what condition it is in hopefully it wont be to bad.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts