Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my RS stolen in the early hours today they broken in my house and stole the keys plus some other things, I know its a long shot but if any one see it please get in touch
Daytona Grey EN15 BUP

I've only had the car since December and totally gutted

·
Registered
112 Posts
So sorry to hear this,glad you and the family are unharmed. Don’t really know what to say,I know how I’d feel,hope it is all sorted out quickly how you’d want it to be. Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry to hear this, you must be gutted, at least no one was hurt, I always keep all my car key in the bedroom and the spare sets in the safe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the car was nicked to order as they have have left other valuable that we had in the front room that they could of just grabbed, the checky f**** even took a bag of food and some drink

·
Registered
89 Posts
That’s terrible unfortunately it’s becoming more and more as it’s more or less the only way to steal high end cars these days, at least you and your family are ok but you all must feel terrible about the breaking I know I would.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
So sorry to hear the news, glad you yours are OK. RS vehicles have long been objects of desire but thus far the RSQ3 has avoided the attention of thieving scumbags.

There were a spate of car-thefts up here in Warwick a few months back with the suggestion that it is often opportunistic - people don't tend to garage cars even when they have one here so the scum have a showroom of desirable cars just sitting on drives all night. The police were saying that the professionals in car theft sleep during the day and start work when decent people go to bed.

Whatever you replace it with needs additional security like an Autowatch Ghost.

Reactions: -Ju-

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
240 Posts
I can't begin to feel the pain your going through firstly for someone entering your home while you slept but also for taking your pride and joy. At least you had the keys downstairs and no confrontation occurred.
I take it your car was parked outside in view with nothing other than the standard security measures?
I hope you get it back and in the same condition but if not that they crash head on into a brick wall and get the justice they deserve.
Here's wishing you well going forward🤞

Reactions: TheJam

·
Registered
937 Posts
I am sorry to hear about the theft, at least you and your family are okay. I am up in Leeds but if I see anything or I can be of any help then I will do so.

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
49 Posts
So sorry to hear the bad news, as others have said at least you & your family are OK.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am sorry to read your RS was stolen, however the break-in did not result in harm to your family or you. I will keep my eyes open for it, up here there are none except mine so if it does show it will be easy to spot. Good Luck, I hope you get it back in good order.

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am so sorry to hear your car has been stolen. That must be an awful feeling, knowing someone entered your home while you were asleep. 😓
I hope they find the scum bags !

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
I just want to add my sympathies to all those expressed above. Having your home broken into and your car stolen is a vicious double blow and I can only hope you can recover from it soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the kind words, like everyone has said we are safe which is the main thing.

I've just got to decide if a want to get another RS Q3 once I get the insurance pay up and hope they give me a fair price

·
Registered
937 Posts
Can I please make some observations regarding things that have happened to me. I have had many RS cars but 2 in question attracted unwanted attention. I got converted my garage to my office so my car is parked on the drive. Two undesirables tried to steal my RS4 wielding baseball bats. I had 10 stiches in my forehead. Another two undesirables tried to steal my RS3 and when I said no to handing over my keys they macheted the car leaving me with an expensive repair bill. Then it dawned on me that the undesirables could see the oval exhausts, the sign of an RS. These are very attractive to break down and sell as parts. If I could have purchased an RSQ3 with a round exhaust on each side then I would have done. I do not want to be abused any more so I have an innocuous 45TFSI. I have had 37 good years of owning Audi's, so maybe replacing the RSQ3 by a 45TFSI could give you peace of mind.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
240 Posts
Can I please make some observations regarding things that have happened to me. I have had many RS cars but 2 in question attracted unwanted attention. I got converted my garage to my office so my car is parked on the drive. Two undesirables tried to steal my RS4 wielding baseball bats. I had 10 stiches in my forehead. Another two undesirables tried to steal my RS3 and when I said no to handing over my keys they macheted the car leaving me with an expensive repair bill. Then it dawned on me that the undesirables could see the oval exhausts, the sign of an RS. These are very attractive to break down and sell as parts. If I could have purchased an RSQ3 with a round exhaust on each side then I would have done. I do not want to be abused any more so I have an innocuous 45TFSI. I have had 37 good years of owning Audi's, so maybe replacing the RSQ3 by a 45TFSI could give you peace of mind.
Wow that's a bit of a hard read and would put me off for life.
My work colleagues uncle had an RS4 a good few years ago and woke in the early hours one morning to find a knife to his nether regions, suffice to say he handed over the keys and never bought another one.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Its not the norm these days but garaging a car where possible makes a lot of sense, security being obvious/not placing temptation in front of the criminally intent, but also not leaving probably your second most expensive possession after your home sitting outside in the elements. Beats the socks off scraping ice and snow off on a winter's morning, plus clean the car and put it away - it's clean when you go out next. I fully realise for many the house never had a garage in the 1st place so this isn't an option.

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Try finding a "standard" garage big enough to fit a Q3 into! Mine is part of the house and is just big enough to take my classic car - a rare Mk 1 Fiesta Million - which is tiny by comparison with almost any current vehicle short of a Fiat 500. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TheJam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Unfortunately, that’s the world we live in... we can’t have nice things and show them anymore... I come from France, Paris, and I tell you : it’s 10 times worse there. You can’t have any RS, anything powerful or beautiful. Because either it will be stolen violently or it will be scratched or broken because « rich is dirty ». I unfortunately will never own anything too fancy for that reason. Sad sad world. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 20 of 63 Posts