Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

Stock car vs Factory order

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  puddy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone
I have just put a deposit down for my Q3 and have been presented with 2 choices; either go with the stock car which the dealer has promised to provide within a week or a factory order which may take upto 3 months. Both are 2.0 TDI SE s-tronic, Phantom Black, Black-Brown cloth and Black-Black dashboard. The differences are:
Stock car:Comfort package with parking plusauto folding door mirrorfull painttyre pressure monitor
Factory car:SD sat navparking plus(I belive it will also have DAB by default)
The cost is almost identical. I need to make a decision asap but am struggling whether DAB makes that big a difference? I can always get a Sat Nav SD card later for the stock car.Any suggestions?

#4 ·
I went with a car that was in stock, picked it up a week later, your factory order is not very different so why wait? I also considered the DAB option, but for the amount of time I actually listen to the radio, 15 mins to and from work compared to SD card/ipod at other times, I didnt think it was worth it, plus although its now standard the price has increased to reflect this. However its up to you, just check when it was built to make sure its not been hanging around for a while.Edited by: DBQ3

#6 ·
I went for a stock carnot only because it was the model,colour, trim and wheelsI wanted but because the dealers really know how to spec a car for maximum resale value (they don't get carried away with the options list).

#7 ·
I agree, the spec that I have apart from not having a spare wheel was near enough what I would have ordered. However in the past with a Mini Cooper S I did go a bit mad with the options, but never again I learnt my lesson. I have since gone for stock vehicles or just the minimum of what I consider useful extras if a factory order. However we are not all the same, each to there own and I would not criticise anyone for adding a lot of extras to a car if thats what they want to do.

#8 ·
Hi
If it's the colour you want go with the stock car, I don't think DAB is a deal breaker.
See if you can squeeze a better discount on the SatNav though.Edited by: Del

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.