Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My actual car is my 3rd A4. Since I do a lot of highwayat a higher speed, Iwanted to try out a 'higher' car, I don't like to look on the rear of other cars without having an overview anymore.I did a test drive with this Samoa Orange Q3 and a Ford Kuga half january and ordered a Caribou brownQ3 immediately. It should have arrives last week, butI'm stil waiting... very impatiently.In the meantime the Audi Center test car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The orange looks better in the catalogue!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Orange!!! You either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
...Just like the Caribou Brown

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can't see the re-sale value of orange being great, there again it will stand out among all the white ones...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Surely about the same number of people want a used orange car as want a new orange car. I have never understood why the resale value should be affected.Edited by: glassbathroom

·
Registered
44 Posts
If only 0.1% of Q3 ownwrs bought a new orange car then only 0.1% of Q3 second hand buyers will want to buy a second hand car. If that means only 2 people instead of 2000 are looking for orange, then the chances of one of those 2 people wanting to buy at a particulr time is very small. Therefore prices will drop until a buyer is found. Back in the late 90s when white was not popular, I had lots of calls for my BMW 318, but as soon as I said white, callers were not interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, but your statistics don't account for the fact that there will be many more white ones available. If someone wants a second hand orange one then there is less choice of second hand ones available. Hence price is same. Used price is only less if the people wanting to buy orange ones are only willing to buy new. Or if there are less people who like orange in the future (because fashions change etc).

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Supply and demand, popular colours are always in demand so sell easier. A less popular colour such as green may sit about the forecourt longer hence a lower value to take this into account.
I remember there used to be cars in the trade called dboms, dark blue, non metallic's and they would take ages to shift

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I have ordered my s-line in Orange simply because I thought the other colours availabe were "run of the mill" Drab dare I say.I would have gone for the metalic red or a lighter metalic Blue than the near black one on offer but the extra cost of "special" paint put me off.White is awful to keep clean and is a colour that never really shines when polished, Black is again awful to keep clean and shows every little scratch and swirl mark.Look around and nearly every car you see is silver or grey.Did you know that most McLaren's sold are in Orange ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm still not convinced. Supply and demand should be the same as long as orange popularity stays the same, but it may be more complex than that. I probably won't go for the orange as the colour looks a bit brown to me. I haven't seen it in apart from in photos, but it doesn't look bright enough for me. I generally prefer pure strong colours.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You will be easy to spot up here in the North west- I will look out for you when you get it.

Lakeland Audi have one in the showroom at the moment- It certainly stood out amongst the rest of the cars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
SETIG said:
You will be easy to spot up here in the North west- I will look out for you when you get it.

Lakeland Audi have one in the showroom at the moment- It certainly stood out amongst the rest of the cars.
Ha ha thanks,Passed Hadwins on Wednesday whilst up in the Lakes, Only take delivery in September so a while to wait yet

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey colour is personal that's the point. The main thing is that people enjoy their cars what ever the colour. If my 5 year old daughter had her way our car would have looked like this...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ha ha cracking colour Mark, my daughter would agree

1 - 16 of 16 Posts