Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one got a problem with the steering pulling left if you let go of the steering wheel, Audi service tell me this is normal and prevents you driving into the middle of the road if you happen to nod off ??

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
That's true - all cars should be set up that way, but it should be very slight. If you think it's too much have the dealer check wheel alignment.

One thing first though - check your tyre pressures. If you have a nearside tyre a bit low on puff it'll cause precisely that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you have to put a right hand down input to the steering to go straight ahead then its not normal. I had that on mine as well asthe vibration.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Check fora tyre pressure imbalance, as Gromit suggests

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has any one got a problem with the steering pulling left if you let go of the steering wheel, Audi service tell me this is normal and prevents you driving into the middle of the road if you happen to nod off ??
EDIT: Swapped both tyres across each axle on the front and rear, this has helped big time. I've also made the drivers side 33 psi and the passenger side 36 psi, probably not ideal but as I'm desperate for straight tracking, it's fixed the pull where I can now let go of the steering wheel and accelerate without the car veering left on the slightest of crowned roads.

I'll look at getting the bushes installed still for a later date, as all wheel alignment shops say some extra castor will be ideal on the passenger left side.

------------------------

did you get this fixed? ive had ongoing issues for so long after every alignment. hardware is all good and looked over.

considering a single offset control arm bush kit from superpro bushes which are made to fix that pull to the left once the car has been aligned to factory acceptable specs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts