Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i made a discovery, or maybe everyone knows and i just realize but if you break softly the start stop doesn't works!! i think its nice that way...
Waiting feedback on this.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes, agreed, that's the way it seems to work, but it's a fine balance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Where do you guys drive, I find it nigh on impossible to break softly due to having other idiots (sorry I mean road users) up my arxx!!!!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes that does work, but I still turn it off.

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Bugger that, I'm with Kev - it's easier to press the OFF button.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi im a new member ,i can turn off the stop start on my dash switch just have to remember to do it each time i get in the car, was also told at the garage it only works on a flat road not on a hill, hope this helps

·
Registered
234 Posts
Now I understand why my start/stop doesn't work sometimes. I couldn't figure it out and it was only noticeable in village traffic in Germany where everyone's doing 30kph and braking gently.

Edited by: twoaudis

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This post was usefull i thought it will be usless...Another tip its to use the climatronic in auto mode to enable start-stop while Air conditioning its on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Probably gonna get the wrath of other forum users, but I like the stop start tech, although I've had my Q3 7 days and still find it a novelty, but in saying that, if it saves fuel, surely that's a god thing, btw by Caribou brown is certainly attracting loads of attention, sat tonight under a supermarket carpark for an hour waiting for the missus to get a few things, with fluorescent lights over head and couldn't help people staring at the car. It felt nice !!! By the way Merry Christmas

·
Registered
518 Posts
I read somewhere that the fuel savings of start-stop only kick in after 20 seconds, ie the energy consumed in restarting the car exceeds the fuel saved if the stop is less than 20 seconds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also you are kicking the crap out of your battery, starting and stopping all the time.
Personally I think it's over hyped rubbish!

·
Registered
301 Posts
My cars a lease car so it goes back in three years so any damage and wear and tear to the starter motor and battery is not a problem. If it was my own personnel car and a keeper i would never use it to save damage in the long term. Its a good idea in theory and some times in practice but like its been said unless you stop for a minute or longer it becomes a pain always seeming to cut in at the wrong time. Driving a auto shows its flaws more acutely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts