mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!-->

Hi all.

Does anyone know if you can switch off the start-stop system
on the Q3.

Having the engine cut out every time I stop at traffic
lights or a roundabout would freak me out.

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi alison yes you can switch the stop start system off . there is a button on your dash just above your left hand heater control switch . just push it in . it automatically resets every time you restart the car so remember to do it every time . I turn mine off if i am using a busy junction or roundabout so i know what your saying
Edited by: daytona

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi daytona; thanks for the reply.

I'm glad it's a separate switch you just press and don't have to go through tons of menus on the MMI and I can still use the efficiency setting in the drive select and not have the engine cut out all the time.

Better book a test drive soon whilst I still have some petrol left.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I really wish there was an option to turn this off permanently, I find it a pain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I agree it would be better if you didn't have to switch it off every time you start the engine but at least you can switch it off.

A couple of other questions so I don't look too blonde on the test drive.

The model I'm interested in is the SE 2.0 TFSI 211 PS with Stronic gearbox.
Can I change from drive to sport when the car is moving or only when it's stopped?

Also I'm guessing the parking brake comes on automatically when I've stopped then when I press the accelerator it releases and I don't need to keep my foot on the brake.

I've never driven a automatic before so the Audi salesperson might need to bring a crash helmet along.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The brake is a switch you lift when you stop and press when you want to move off again.It is also self release if you forget to push it down when you move away it will release automatically.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi alison you can change from auto to sport while you are driving just move the lever down , you can also move it over to the left to manual then change gear using the paddle shifts . then just push it back when you feel like it . if you have hill hold fitted, it will hold youi as you start away on a hill . but the auto handbreak does the same job . i have both but never use the hill hold

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.

I was wondering about the hill hold but if the auto handbrake does the same thing then I can take it off the list.

Checking the Audi site yesterday I was surprised the TT is about the same price as the Q3.

Love the shape but I don't think it will have enough room for all the shopping and as for carrying four adults; forget it!.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a TT at the moment and you will never get 4 normal sized people in it at the same time, me the wife and our 6 yr old are a bit of a tight squeeze.

Hopefully my Q3 will arrive in september!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts