1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning fellow Q3 members

My 2021 1.5 MHEV came up with the following error

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

No errors showing on the dash only on the App. Visited the dealer who’s service department where far to busy and will call me back. Now nearly a week but no call.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem

Car still drives perfectly, as you expect a Q3 to, and stop/start works fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Morning fellow Q3 members

My 2021 1.5 MHEV came up with the following error

View attachment 2851

No errors showing on the dash only on the App. Visited the dealer who’s service department where far to busy and will call me back. Now nearly a week but no call.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem

Car still drives perfectly, as you expect a Q3 to, and stop/start works fine
Hello
i have had it turned out to be low battery, charged battery no more trouble.
hope it’s the same in your case.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Smudgey. That sounds promising I’ll see what they say and have fingers crossed it’s that

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the fault seems to be getting more regular and now when driving the car almost has an emergency stop before starting and throwing up the error on the dash. Still no warning lights though. 6 week wait at the dealership to get it booked in

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Do you do just short journeys regularly - the 5 minute trip to the shop kind of thing?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Normally yes but this was after a 30 mile journey, coasting in drive auto stop active then almost grind to a halt and the engine starts with the same error

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
OK, the start process drains the battery, plus there are a lot of electrical systems that need juice (even the power steering is electric) so if you keep doing the short journeys then the alternator won't be able to replenish the battery adequately and the nominal battery voltage will fall/stay below a pre-determined level and as a result you'll get persistent stop/start system issues.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, the start process drains the battery, plus there are a lot of electrical systems that need juice (even the power steering is electric) so if you keep doing the short journeys then the alternator won't be able to replenish the battery adequately and the nominal battery voltage will fall/stay below a pre-determined level and as a result you'll get persistent stop/start system issues.
Ah thanks John, I don’t understand why it just doesn’t switch off the stop start function till the battery get enough charge. Also the rapid deceleration was a bit of a worry. It was almost like when you jump start a car. Which I know you can’t do in an s-tronic but that’s the only way I can describe it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts