Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my enquiries with Audi Uk and Audi Germany I have the answer
Alas it’s not to be ....sad face ....

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Get yourself an RS...there are some real bargains to be had, a lot of the dealer inventory is getting on for a year old and it's one epic vehicle too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Running not really an option the engine has a smaller turbo so not great gains ,!

we are considering an RSQ3 or the newTiguan R / Cupra Ateca

Will have to see after lockdown

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes, I've been waiting for SQ3 for around 18 months and it just doesn't seem to be happening. Curious decision by Audi but it's their train set of course.

So for me looks like a move to probably a related VW brand, probably Cupra where I can get the 300nhp engine. Tiguan is an interesting option too, but probably a bit bigger than I would really like. The other option is a Merc GLA35. But unlikely to make any progress while the lockdown remains in place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I've been waiting for SQ3 for around 18 months and it just doesn't seem to be happening. Curious decision by Audi but it's their train set of course.

So for me looks like a move to probably a related VW brand, probably Cupra where I can get the 300nhp engine. Tiguan is an interesting option too, but probably a bit bigger than I would really like. The other option is a Merc GLA35. But unlikely to make any progress while the lockdown remains in place.
IT would of been perfect !
Dropped the 45 tfsi now for the slower 45 e !!

Have watched lots of video reviews of the Ateca and Tiguan R both very good , but like you need lockdown to lift .. to see them in the flesh ...Tiguan R is about to come to the showrooms early spring apparently

·
Registered
703 Posts
There is nothing slow about the 45TFSI. An SQ3 would be nice but would you ever use or need the extra horsepower? I could say the same about the RSQ3 but this has an additional huge grin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is nothing slow about the 45TFSI. An SQ3 would be nice but would you ever use or need the extra horsepower? I could say the same about the RSQ3 but this has an additional huge grin.
its how it produces the power to be honest ...having owned an S3 Golf R and the amazing RS3 , it would of been a good marry , also the 45 not the best sounding either ....perhaps that’s being spoilt with the 5pot .....I like the extra power and the added torque and mid range punch ....

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
its how it produces the power to be honest ...having owned an S3 Golf R and the amazing RS3 , it would of been a good marry , also the 45 not the best sounding either ....perhaps that’s being spoilt with the 5pot .....I like the extra power and the added torque and mid range punch ....
The bit of the RSQ3 ownership experience that's hardest to communicate is the 'drama factor' - was the same with the 8U as it is with the F3 - the moment you press the starter button and the engine barks into life, exhaust valve(s) open on a fast idle in the initial warm up phase the car oozes character something few cars I've ever owned (and that's been rather too many) have had to the same degree. It's one of those cars where you'd have a tough day at work and leave the motorway a junction or two early just to have some legal fun. If you have never driven one then go and bag a test drive - it will very likely reset an expectation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts