Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
RSQ3 Performance Dec 66 plate,
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been caught (first time) Ive got away with daft speeds, But last Monday on the A64 near York, A road I know very well the vermin was hiding in a new place, and got me 73 mph, In my van, Van speed 60mph max, So Im off on course lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,415 Posts
Just as well you were driving the van - if you'd been piloting the RSQ3 at the same throttle opening you'd probably have been done for illegal low flying! :)👨‍✈️

Welcome to the club. ;)

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
616 Posts
Just as well you were driving the van - if you'd been piloting the RSQ3 at the same throttle opening you'd probably have been done for illegal low flying! :)👨‍✈️

Welcome to the club. ;)
Not with his caravan on he wouldn't 🤣

Reactions: alanyork

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I know the A64 well between Leeds and York and most of it is 70mph dual carriageway. Which bit were you on?

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Mmmm, I collected a ticket in a 3.0TDI Quattro A4 Cab a few years ago - that was incapable of holding 40mph in temporary roadworks, so was 10 mph over the limit. Got 3 points and a fine, I wrote really nicely to the 'Road Camera Safety Partnership' and explained I'd been angelic for 40 years of driving and could I have the course and no points please? They wrote back equally politely and said that had I been doing 9mph over then it would have been the course, 10 got me points and the fine. They went onto say that I should inform the insurance company and that in all likelihood it wouldn't impact the premium as the UK insurance companies had a pact not to penalise drivers up to 6 points as speeding convictions were so common. This did prove to be the case.

Putting SP30 and the date on every insurance renewal application for the next 5 years was by far the most painful bit.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Oh dear.
A guy in a cafe was griping on Tuesday that he did a course a few weeks ago but on Zoom and the 2 1/2 hours took 4 because one guy was using his phone and he kept losing his internet connection and they wouldn’t dump him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts