Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Me again with another problem , tried everything possible read the operating manual , but can't get the voice control to work ? All it says is to press voice control on your steering wheel and talk after beep !! But does nothing no beep . Anyone know what I'm not doing ..

·
Registered
613 Posts
It should just be that simple... Press the Voice Control button, get a beep, say the command...
Can't remember if voice control needs to be activated in the DIS menu, but can't check right now, as my wife has nicked my car to go to work...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorted , but does anybody seriously think its any good ??

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I already have one woman in the car who doesn't listen to me, i don't need another

Honestly though i don't useit , she never understands me. I think i read in the manual there is some kind of learning mode where it can learn your voice better. I've never tried it tho.Edited by: reilsab

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I agree you just keep saying the same things over and over , eventually you get there but not very good , don't think I will bother .

·
Registered
106 Posts
You folks think you have problems!!!! Since I bought my Q3 in Austria it only speaks German to me. It doesn't understand a word I say!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use the voice commands all the time with the phone and have found it to be faultless, apart the pronunciation of some my contracts. Perhaps a southerner programmed it

·
Registered
563 Posts
I find it works well, much better than the system in my old CRV.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It's probably just fallen out with me after our recent incident.

I've only ever tried it with my contacts and gave up, i do miss the little fella to be honest. Sad i know

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think it's a good system, but it can take a lot of time to achieve simple tasks!

[Beep] Telephone"Telephone"
[Beep] Call Fred Smith Mobile "Calling Fred Smith" "Please enter the line number"
[Beep] Line 1 "Calling Fred Smith" "Would you like me to dial the number"
[Beep] Yes!

I've just said Call Fred Smith, of course I want you to dial the number!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Jules, I feel sorry for your in-car PA. You must have told her off previously and she has a confidence problem. Perhaps you should both have an open chat and make up.
By the way I know Fred Smith too

·
Registered
563 Posts
Jules said:
I think it's a good system, but it can take a lot of time to achieve simple tasks!

[Beep] Telephone"Telephone"
[Beep] Call Fred Smith Mobile "Calling Fred Smith" "Please enter the line number"
[Beep] Line 1 "Calling Fred Smith" "Would you like me to dial the number"
[Beep] Yes!

I've just said Call Fred Smith, of course I want you to dial the number!!
You can skip the telephone bit, just press the button and say Call Fred Smith Mobile

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yup, that's what I do - Call Fred Smith Home
Seems as though Fred gets around a bit!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well I've learned a shortcut today

The actual voice recognition works quite well - it pretty much always dials the right name (even Fred Smith!)

Sat Nav by voice is always a bit more tricky, but I am enjoying the challenge of seeing what it'll do - I am interested to hear it has a voice learning thing - I might have to take a flick through the manual after all - I mean I've only had the car 7 months....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh no, that means I have to do a bit of RTFM too.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem. Voice command worked fine but has just stopped working - no beep just silence!
I'm wondering if i have managed to disable it. Jules what is the DIS and how do I access it?
Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine takes no notice whatever of me when I say 'Home Parker' Any ideas??!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Jadewoo said:
Mine takes no notice whatever of me when I say 'Home Parker' Any ideas??!!
I can't help with this one, but you're showing your age though

Edited by: Del

1 - 20 of 28 Posts