Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
</font>Hello All, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></font>

</font></font>

</font>I am looking for a new car in January which
seems like a long way away, however when I went to a VW garage to get a price
on a fully loaded Tiguan Escape I was told that delivery is 5 to 8 months. I thought I should get my skates on. The Q3 looks to be a better bet as the price
will be similar, albeit not for a fully loaded car. I will be popping into a dealer soon to find out
what the delivery times are, I would guess around 4 months so I should have
loads of time to contemplate.</font>

</font></font>

</font>I was wondering if any of you current Q3
owners could help me with my specification thoughts?.</font>

</font></font>

</font>I am leaning towards the S line 2.0 TDI Quattro
S tronic 177bhp</font>

</font></font>

</font>Options:
</font>

</font>Fine Nappa leather with S line embossing</font>

</font>DAB digital radio</font>

</font>Door mirrors – electrically adjustable,
folding and heated</font>

</font>LED interior light package</font>

</font>Reversible luggage compartment floor</font>

</font>Space-saving spare wheel</font>

</font>Tyre pressure loss indicator</font>

</font>Not going for the sports suspension
option, as I prefer comfort to handling.
(Currently driving an A3 S line Quattro and fancy a change from bone
shaking on local country roads).</font>

</font>

</font>Any more goodies would probably be
budget breaking, unless I went for the SE version. (I have discounted the Audi drive select as
not that important and the hill hold control as unnecessary.)</font>

</font>I would be grateful for any
observations and recommendations. Thanks.</font>

</font>

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi

Just ordered an Q3 myself from Cardiff Audi. A 2.0 petrol Quattro A line 170 s tronic. The possible delivery time i've been given at the moment is beginning of October. Get your order in now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
depending on when and were you drive i think the auto headlamp dip is a great option .my local dealer is quoting 5/6 months on factory orders so dont wait too lomg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Geezer,
I know it is extra money but the Bose system goes well with the DAB. I have this combination and really think it was worth the extra. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Reviews do seem to indicate that the SE rides "better" (more comfortably?) than the S-Line, but I guess it depends on your driving style.
I must admit when I was looking, like-for-like cost, I went more for creature comforts bolted on to my SE for the same cost as the standard S-Line - I decided I could live without "Sports" seats, LED running lights and a shiny Grill when when I'm sat inside I wanted comfort, a decent stereo and Sat Nav...
Out of interest, Why are you looking at the Tyre Pressure Monitor? Bad previous experience?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.I will take another look at some of the [email protected] The tyre pressure monitor is just one of those things I value 'just in case'. I think I may be a little OCD when it comes to tyres 'looking' as if they arelow on pressure. In the old days one did not have tp pay for air, but todays pay as you blow situation upsets my tight walletted Yorkshire sensitivities.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I thought there was a new E U law coming in that made T P M a mandatory fitment on all new cars all to do with safety and fuel economy ????/or have i miss read something
ps my T P M came on and it was a rear tyre with a nail in it , pressure was half of what it should be so went straight to tyre place paid £15 for repair so mine has paid for itself already

Edited by: daytona

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, I read about it too..

The EU decided to make TPMS mandatory for new vehicle type approvals by November 1, 2012 as well as for new vehicle registrations by November 1, 2014, thus adopting UNECE-R64.” [NIRA Dymamics: http://www.niradynamics.se/scripts/newsletter.php?id=55]

In my book it will be a standard equipment then - not an additional option (the cost will be added to the base price).

However, if a recall it right – TPMS is an option which can be switch on programmatically by the dealer (?). No need for additional hardware.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am about to place my order, (still OK for Jan delivery).One final bit of help please? Any advice whether I should avoid lowering the suspension on the S-line or will the damper control give me all the comfort I need? My spec is settled at:S line 2.0 TDI Quattro S tronic 177bhp</font></font>

</font>Daytona Grey, metallic paint <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>Audi drive select

</font>BOSE® surround sound

</font>DAB digital radio

</font>Fine Nappa leather with S line embossing

</font>LED interior light package

</font>Door mirrors - electrically adjustable,
folding and heated

</font>Reversible luggage compartment floor

</font>Space-saving spare wheel

</font>Tyre pressure loss indicator

</font>Hill hold

</font>Damper Control

</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Geezer,
I currently drive A6 s-line and find the suspension very firm so have opted for the non lowered and firmer suspension for my Q3, but to be absolutely sure you need to drive cars with both types and choose which you like best.
Cheers Gordon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts