Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AMJ - Missing Parts will spark remarketing difficulties.

We are aware of Audi removing options like Matrix headlights and wireless charging capabilities from top spec models - something that's going too impact some used car values going forwards.

Even pre-the-chip-shortage Audi's strange specification 'Introductory volume' F3 RSQ3 models that were built late 2019 are still hanging around the dealers, mostly with very few miles recorded and are now 2.5 years old and counting. Savvy buyers often have a very good idea of what they are looking for these days.

Registered
AMJ - Missing Parts will spark remarketing difficulties.

We are aware of Audi removing options like Matrix headlights and wireless charging capabilities from top spec models - something that's going too impact some used car values going forwards.

Even pre-the-chip-shortage Audi's strange specification 'Introductory volume' F3 RSQ3 models that were built late 2019 are still hanging around the dealers, mostly with very few miles recorded and are now 2.5 years old and counting. Savvy buyers often have a very good idea of what they are looking for these days.
Hi John,hope you are well. Sorry to hijack your original post,but can I pick your brain on something else please? Driving home from work yesterday,my car was hit by some debris on the carriageway. 馃槺 Bonnet has several dents/many scratches. I鈥檝e been in touch with my insurance,LV,and they have suggested City Centre Car Care in Solihull. Checking their reviews,there鈥檚 a review of a repair done to an RSQ3,last year,and I seem to recall yours being damaged around then. Is this your car by any chance? They seem like a good place to go,but it鈥檚 always good to have a recommendation by someone you know. Thanks,Jason.

Registered
P.S. Hope your bout of Covid is getting better 馃馃徎

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jason! Sorry to hear about your RS. Yes that body shop was NFU's Audi Approved site too, they did a good job, colour-shade match was perfect from all angles, really can't fault their work. Hope you can get it fixed soon. Oh yes, yeah just feels like the end of cold now....John

Registered
Hi John,thank you so much for that. I feel confident that my car will be in good hands now. I鈥檓 going over after work today for them to have a look,so hopefully they will be able to sort it out soon. Glad to hear you are feeling better,thanks again.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, you are most welcome as always Jason.

Registered
I agree that many buyers know what they are looking for in terms of extra kit on cars. I think it depends on model etc. someone buying a lower spec model would probably not expect / want heated seats or dimming rear view mirror.
In higher spec models (I suspect) buyers become more selective. I would expect an RS model to have heated seats, reverse camera and a decent sound system in that calibre of car, yet these are features a Nissan Juke has as standard but not an RSQ3 for example. It鈥檚 probably more critical in cars under 5 years old as it could affect the resale value.
Some buyers (like myself) don鈥檛 want all the bells and whistles either. I wasn鈥檛 bothered about a pano roof, despite having one on my last two cars. I also wasn鈥檛 keen on all the black pack as the front looked like a hyundai so avoided the Sport version despite being affordable to me.
I would like manufacturers to return to how the likes of VW and BMW worked in the 80鈥檚 - you bought a basic car,even without a radio and specced it exactly how you wanted it from there on. That way you didn鈥檛 end up with so much stuff you really don鈥檛 need which only adds weight and cost to the car.

Reactions: Q3 Dave
1 - 7 of 7 Posts