Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my new Q3 from Leicester Audi next week. I missed ordering the spare wheel which is a £75 option on a new car. Asked Leicester Audi if they would fit a spare wheel. This is what they have written back (I am absolutely blown away for being quoted about £1000 for an all fitted option):As for the spare wheel, its looking quite expensive. Including
all the parts and boot floor, it is looking like £675.08 plus VAT, and a
further £220 plus VAT in fitting. Let me know what you think about that.What do others here think of this?

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiIf you do a search this has been covered many times. I would always adviseincluding the spare when a car is ordered, at £75 it's a no brainer.I'm afraid at the end of the day Audi can charge what they like even if it is a total rip off.You could always order the parts and fit it youself, this will save thefitting costs, if you can find out the part numbers you maybe able to source the parts from german ebay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I know that this has been commented on before. I went to Audi a bit more than 2 weeks before the build date to request for the addition of a spare wheel (after becoming aware of the Q3 owner's forum and reading about the spare wheel). But just by chance, the window for ordering something new had closed on that very day and I was told that plans have gone into production. The salesman said they would take care of me and fit a spare wheel at a reasonable price when the car arrives. But £1000 is hardly a reasonable price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi sd106, re your problem, look up my topic under SPARE WHEEL it was posted 27th OCT 12, hope this may be of some use, cheers ALAN.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, just stumbled across site this and registered. Outrageous and You are being completely ripped off by Leicester Audi. Have just had same from Southampton Audi and cost me £247 for a compact spare and new stowage tray for it to sit in! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all
Cost of my spare wheel now sitting in my kitchen to annoy the wife

17" alloy wheel from eBay de germany including postage £125.00
Two part worn goodyear excellence uk eBay 6mm £80.00 fitting £10
Winter wheel bag set Audi £29.00
Total cost for a spare wheel to match the rest £205.00

And I have one spare tyre just in case

What you have to remember is when you change a wheel even with a space saver you have to find a
Space for the full size alloy
Regards dan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Daniel TD5 said:
What you have to remember is when you change a wheel even with a space saver you have to find a Space for the full size alloy
I thought that went on the wife's lap?

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can just see its pouring with rain cold wet night just coming back from a break away boot full of bags flat

Where do you put the wheel black bag wife's lap in between the kids not good

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife had a puncture with our 20 month old daughter, just before Christmas. Her car also comes with the useless tyre 'repair' kit. 2 hours later, recovery arrived with my wife and daughter already at their wits end to be told 'we can't transport you as we haven't got isofix fixings, we need to get another truck which will be at least another 2 hours!' She would have begged to have an alloy wheel on her lap!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just been into Teesside Audi for Oil Change service at 9000miles. Spare wheel and necessary boot insert costing £394....now on order. After daughter blew tyre and bent alloy recently on her Fiesta in pothole I realise I would have been stranded if the same happened to me as tyre sealant would have been useless. My Q3 was a stock vehicle from dealer so did not get chance to spec the spare option on factory order.

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts
MikeM said:
....blew tyre and bent alloy recently on her Fiesta in pothole I realise I would have been stranded if the same happened to me as tyre sealant would have been useless....
That's one off the reasons I always like to have a spare ore the tiny spare too! Must not think about it driving in for instance Italy having a flat and have to go to some non known tyre-shop and let them put a new tyre around my expensive alloys. And hoping they have the exact type and brand of tyre too
If not, it's a expensive repair because off the necessary replacement of the 'holiday-tyre'.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would not like to drive round Italy with a space saver on for a fortnight

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know some people here have driven for decades without having a flat but for the money Audi are charging when you are ordering your car a spare for me I really think is a must. I've had experience in the past with repairing a flat with a can abroad and there are some instances when it just doesn't work. In addition, for peace of mind whilst I am driving with my family I really need to know the tyre will hold pressure.

I understand that for legislative purposes/tax brackets there's a desire to keep weight down as a manufacturer but if you are wet and cold and you don't know where the hole is you just want to fix the wheel and get going. That for me is more than worth the cost.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you spec it new, it's the best £75 you'll spend on the options list imo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Teesside Audi called today to say my spare wheel and new boot insert had arrived. I was pleasantly surprised to find the £394 that they had originally quoted was actually £237.85 on collection.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like you did we'll there Mike. I am thinking about just buying the wheel as I need the extra boot space at the moment. Do you happen to know how much they would have charged just for the wheel?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wheel was £191 and the boot insert £46 (both prices include vat)Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts
MikeM said:
Teesside Audi called today to say my spare wheel and new boot insert had arrived. I was pleasantly surprised to find the £394 that they had originally quoted was actually £237.85 on collection.
Can you give us the Part numbers of the spare wheel and boot insert? In that way others are able to benefit of it to

·
Registered
44 Posts
Details on the invoice were as follows....V5N0 601 011 S/OM Wheel DiscV8U0 012 109 A S/O StowageboxCheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have just bought an almost new Q3 alloy and tyre for £95 delivered from Ebay. Sits in my boot and still plenty of space for other luggage. We are going to south France in the summer and I just don't want the hassle associated with a can of goo or a spacesaver.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts