Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a complete space saver wheel kit from 1st Choice Spares for my 2019 Q3.
The wheel I got is 145/85r18 which is a little smaller than the equivalent 235/50r19. I had to quote my chassis number to get the correct parts. It does fit and will do the temporary job but my problem is with the foam insert that the jack and wheel brace goes into.
The foam part I got is VW 1K0012115F which shows online as being fitted to A3's but the foam insert doesn't sit in the wheel correctly.
Does anyone on here have the spare wheel kit on their 2019 or 2020 Q3 so as that I can get the correct part numbers?
Any pics of the spare wheel and foam kit would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Following. I'm collecting my Q3 (2019) Vorsprung later this week, and concerned about not having any form of spare. Can you cut the existing foam insert to the larger size, for the wheel to fit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just taken the thin layer of foam out and put in the spare wheel and I have anchored the wheel with the correct plastic centre nut. The space around the spare is open so that's where I stow an umbrella, the Audi hi-vis vest and folded up shopping bags but I'm looking for the foam that surrounds the wheel and I assume that there is divided compartments to stop stuff moving about under the boot floor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There will be a foam insert designed for the spare wheel, but at what cost, I don't know. It possibly acts as a bit of sound insulation as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I asked my dealer for a kit of parts to change tyre foam to a space saver. I cannot get this information without a registration number.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've just had a good chat with a very helpful Parts Manager at Newbury Audi, the consequence of which I have ordered the polystyrene inset for taking the space saver spare wheel in the boot of my Q3 (2019). When it arrives, and assuming it fits fine, I'll pass on the part number. It is £89.15 inc vat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts