Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The spare wheel polystyrene insert for the Q3 (Mk2) is Audi part no. 83A 012 109 H

The original insert is retained by two plastic (11mm socket) nuts with large plastic washers.
The new one has no retaining fixings, and the B&O sub-woofer sits in the dish of the space-saver wheel,
so very easy to change.

Audi UK told me it couldn't be done !!!

"Re: Audi Q3 – LP19 LUA

Dear Mr Field

Thank you for your recent email on the space saver wheel for your Audi Q3.

I have spoken with our Parts Department regarding your enquiry, they have confirmed that it is not possible to retrofit a space saver wheel in your vehicle.

I am sorry that this may not be the information you was hoping to hear.

Thank you for contacting Audi UK.

Kind regards

Paul Thompson
Customer Relations Advisor

Audi UK

Tel 0800 699 888
Email [email protected] "

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts
Translation: Audi's Parts Department couldn't be arsed to apply a little initiative and actually find out. No change there then...

·
Registered
475 Posts
The Wakefield Audi parts department worked out what was required for mine and ordered it. You have proven what I have known all along, find a good dealer and stick with them and ignore Audi UK. BTW new car now on boat to the UK. I must learn the meaning of patience.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My reply to Audi UK.

Paul Thompson
Customer Relations Advisor

Well, that was a very unhelpful information!

Having spoken to an Audi Dealership in Newbury, I have now ordered and taken delivery and fitted Audi part no. 83A 012 109 H

The polystyrene insert just replaces the original on the under-boot floor, and the spare wheel slots straight in, with the B & O sub-woofer sitting in the dish of the wheel, and all secured with the same handwheel clamp.

Your information was very wrong!

Someone at Audi UK needs educating as to what can and can't be done, as this was a simple task, taking just a few minutes to remove the original polystyrene insert, and replace with the part no above - simples.

I had already sourced a space-saver spare wheel and tools, from TheWheelShop.

Regards.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another strange phenomena - my car, the S-Line Vorsprung is potentially the top model, Carwow spec says "12v power socket (cigarette lighter) in the rear centre console", and the Audi handbook states a power socket in the rear centre console, and on the lefthand side of the boot (both of which were in my Audi A4 Avant 2009). However, my car has neither - which I find very strange. I have also put the question to Audi UK, without saying mine are missing, to see what they say. IF I get a reply, it will be interesting if they tell me it is standard equipment - which the manual suggests in certain models, and you'd expect it to be in the top model - wouldn't you?

·
Registered
475 Posts
The manual says that they exist in the rear central console and the left side of the boot. These are not marked with an 'optional' label so they must be standard on every Q3 model. I would suggest that someone with a Vorsprung model check for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's my thoughts, but they are certainly not installed in my Q3.
Any other Vorsprung owners out there??

·
Registered
475 Posts
I haven't received my new Q3 Edition 1 yet but I did order it with a no smokers pack. Could this be something to do with it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suppose it could, although power sockets are not just used for lighting cigarettes, especially in the boot! I would have thought just no ashtrays!

·
Registered
173 Posts
The manual says that they exist in the rear central console and the left side of the boot. These are not marked with an 'optional' label so they must be standard on every Q3 model. I would suggest that someone with a Vorsprung model check for you.
My car is a Sport Edition. In the manual, which is generic for all Q3 2020 models, it states on p75, "12V sockets are located in the front centre console, in the rear* and in the floor trim* on the left of the luggage compartment". The * signifies optional equipment, I take optional to mean it has to be ordered for inclusion at manufacture. My car has neither the latter two 12V sockets, but neither is it a Vorsprung. Does that cast some light on the subject ?

Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lots of items have a star against them, and as I understand signifies 'not in all models'. However, I have seen spec. in Carwow which suggests it IS included in the Vorsprung. It's definitely in cars exported to the USA, as you can see it in their reviews and pictures. I'm surprised it isn't inclusive on all models in today's world, when everyone has mobile phones, tablets, kids electronic games etc.. to charge, coolboxes to put in the boot for picnics, etc..... even if not in the cheapest basic models, in all the higher ranking ones. They all had them 15 years ago...
Not too much of an issue if the wiring is close by to hook into, but surprised they are not fitted as standard!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts