Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delighted with my Silver Q3 Diesel Auto. This is an ex Audi fleet car purchased through a main dealer with 2500 miles on the clock, but NO space saver wheel. I am not willing to pay the exorbitant £225 quoted by my local main dealer when it is available for £75 when ordered as original equipment. Any space saver wheels from the VW stable suitable? Any info. gratefully received.

·
Registered
111 Posts
£225's cheap in comparison to other quotes ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
</font>Copy of an email to my enquiry re a spacesaver spare is shown below. quite an eye watering price when if you spec it from new its £75. why do you have to rebuild the entire boot area? wifes Honda Civic has similar boot arrangement, but if you buy a spare afterwards all you need is the wheel and fixing bolt, everything else stays as is.We can provide all the parts
needed to make up the option that was available from the factory. As you
mention you need to retro fit the upper storage floor.</font></font></font>This involves replacing both
left and right boot trims to allow fitment of the upper cargo floor, the
stowage box, space saver wheel, the trim in front of the cargo floor and all
the fixings that would have also been part of the option. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></font></font></font>

</font></font>

</font>The parts come to £807 inc VAT </font></font></font>

</font></font>

</font>We have never carried out this
fully yet, I have only supplied spare wheels. Although I think fitting would be
in the region of £240. </font></font></font>

</font></font>

</font>This gives a fully fitted price
of £1047 inc VAT,
A wheel works out at £212 and the stowage box is £52 both inc
VAT.</font></font></font>

</font>

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just to confirm. spacesaver spare from a VW tiguan is the same size and specification as the one that comes with a Q3. Managed to pick a brand new unused one up on ebay for £145. comfortably under the £212 Audi want for one if not ordered with the car. If you can find one in a breakers its likely to be cheaper again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have you guys thought of buying a set if wheels from halfords and then splitting the costs? For example they have 18" rims with tyres for about £400 for 4 wheels. Divide that by 4 people and you have a spare wheel for £100 each. Halfords might not be the place to look for thinner tyres like space savers but buying a set could be a money saver.

Just an idea.

Daz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts