Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know where i can get a space saver, spent 7 k on extras and missed £75 whhel now the dealer wants £ 500 for wheel and shelf...... boll------!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiGerman Ebay is probably you're best bet....http://www.ebay.de/Although the price your dealer is quoting is wrong, it should be around the £200 mark.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The price is £75..... Dealers are trying it on. It costs them no more than £75 to source whether you buy it at order or later, there is no labour, no nothing to justify adding anyhthing to published list price. I had this battle with my dealer and in end he backed down after trying to convince me the 200 plus had to factor in tyre as well as wheel

·
Registered
563 Posts
Blackmore Hotspur said:
The price is £75..... Dealers are trying it on. It costs them no more than £75 to source whether you buy it at order or later, there is no labour, no nothing to justify adding anyhthing to published list price. I had this battle with my dealer and in end he backed down after trying to convince me the 200 plus had to factor in tyre as well as wheel
HiI'm afraid you're wrong, £75 is the price at the time of the initial order. The £200 is for the wheel, new boot liner and the boot floor has to be changed to the reversible luggage compartment floor (if you don't have a sub woofer fitted) plus the labour involved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We're going to have to disagree on this one.... I am hardly a hardened negotiator to put it mildly, but did it this week with dealer for £75 as explained - speaking from direct very current personal experience

·
Registered
563 Posts
There's nothing to disagree on, as an after market option that is the price, and my and others experience tells that very few dealers will budge on that, you obviously have a good dealer.Btw mine changed for free after delivery because Audi UK became involved and my dealer didn't want to know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have just agreed to buy a S Line Q3 Daytona Grey which was a dealer stock car, however it does not have a space saver wheel which I really wanted. My dealers says it is not possible for them to fit it now but I can buy the space saver wheel and keep it in the boot.
Can someone please confirm if it can be fitted as I am not comfortable with having a wheel bouncing around in the boot.

·
Registered
563 Posts
arktos said:
Hi I have just agreed to buy a S Line Q3 Daytona Grey which was a dealer stock car, however it does not have a space saver wheel which I really wanted. My dealers says it is not possible for them to fit it now but I can buy the space saver wheel and keep it in the boot.
Can someone please confirm if it can be fitted as I am not comfortable with having a wheel bouncing around in the boot.
HiIt is possible mine was changed after I took delivery of the car, you need to change the boot liner and boot floor if you don't have a sub woofer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, It does not any subwoofer. Any suggestions as to the cost associated with this as I am still to take possession of my car. Waiting for the new reg in september.
Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
563 Posts
My dealer quoted about £200,I assume that was for everything.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Factory order is only possible with the free reversable boot floor option plus £75. Must be the only free option Audi do

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I wonder if they leave the badges in the boot tyreman, i could stick em on my fridge

Been a bmw owner for too long, explains the cynical approach

·
Registered
130 Posts
Non-Smoking pack. They don't fit the cup holder ashtray and don't charge for this option or give you a refund because if you want to buy one from the Audi dealer (because they look cool, now I don't have one) they charge approx £40

Edited by: S Line

·
Registered
563 Posts
S-Line sport suspension FOC

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Always wondered why the no smoking option involves the removal of items, most car manufacturers are guilty of this! My last car was specced with non smoking option, lost my cig lighter and the ashtray was removed and replaced with a less than handy hole where it used to be.

I do like that shiny audi ashtray, however £40 is a bit of a laugh.

I'm going down the supreme comfort route this time, standard 17's and no sporty suspension for me

I have enjoyed the free crisps, drinks etc on my visits. Didn't care much for the huge scratch down the side on the demo, i sure hope that's optional

·
Registered
157 Posts
I managed to acquire an ashtray from my very accommodating salesman. I gather most folk use them as waste bins - excellent for sweetie wrappers
Wouldn't pay £40 though!

·
Registered
563 Posts
S Line said:
Non-Smoking pack. They don't fit the cup holder ashtray and don't charge for this option or give you a refund because if you want to buy one from the Audi dealer (because they look cool, now I don't have one) they charge approx £40
Thats why I tell people to keep the smoker pack, the ashtray would probably make £20 on ebay if it's not wanted.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good one today.

Due to pick up my Q3 on Sept 1st

Asked the Dealer if they could source and cost a space saver tyre and luggage compartment change for my Q3.

When I went to the dealers today to finalise insurance etc first [took pics but can't upload due to file size) they said it would cost me £75 for the wheel (OK) and £270 for the changes to the luggage area to house the space saver (not OK), plus fitting this was going to cost me around £500.
However, next they said that due to the fact I have the 17" wheels, they can't source a space saver, because these are 18" and nothing shows on their system to obtain one?

Have I a poor dealer or is this correct?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts