Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could any of you chaps who have a space saver spare confirm the size details and part number.I think they are as follows but would appreciate confirmation.tyre size 145 80 r18Part number 5n0601027ewhell size4j x 18h2 ET 27.5Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Popped out and had a look in the boot, my spare was taken as an option and has those exact details on a sticker which is stuck on the inside of the wheel. I can send you a pic if you need to see it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for checking. Got the offer of a spare and just wanted to check it was the correct one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Recovering from the shock of no spare wheel in new Q3
I would be very grateful, if it is not too inconvenient, for a photo of how the spare wheel fits in the boot. Also photo of boot with floor down to compare with my own car supplied without spare wheel.
Do you know if the spare wheel space can be made to accept full size wheel and inflated tyre.. (Merc SLK had spare wheel deflated to fit, and supplied with electric pump)
Many thanks if you are able to help, Michael

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You won't fit a full size spare inflated or not under the boot floor. Only way to go is space saver. If you look at the level of the lip of the boot at the seat back, you will have the approximate level where the upper boot floor would sit. Audi say you basically have to swap out all of the boot trim to accomdate the foam insert and spare. They will relieve you of £1,000+ for the parts and fitting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
MJC - did you buy new or used?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi guys,

I have the S Line and bought a genuine Audi compact spare and tray from local Audi dealer a couple of months ago. It cost £247. not sure where people are being quoted £1000 but I can assure you it is not that expensive

Cheers

Bilster1

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blister1
Many thanks for useful info. After fitting the tray and space saver wheel, have you fitted a 'new' floor above the wheel to achieve a flat surface? Audi part?
I have noticed in Audi Q3 brochure that the boot floor (with space saver) has a flat panel with handle to access the wheel and under floor space?
Appreciate the help to fully understand what is needed to achieve 100% result.
I just wonder if the high prices being mentioned are to include the new lift up floor, and if so how necessary is it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Dave
Very helpful. sounds like full replacement of boot interior to achieve thefactory fitment specification. That will no doubtbe expensive.

Question.
I havn't looked at theseat back detail yet, and I have not seen the space, if any, underneath the carpet, butare you sure that the space will not accept the full size wheel?
For example,afterhaving had a problem and needing to fit the space saver. is it not possible to stow theproblem wheel under the floor?

On my Volvo S60R the space saver sat on styrene blocks which when removed provided theheight fora full size wheel / tyre.

Appreciate the help.
Michael

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Full size wheel and compact have the same diameter. However the full size is much wider and would not fit in the space underneath and the upper floor still fit. I eventually sourced a compact spare from a tiguan, and bought a wheel cover to store it in. Might not look as neat as the factory option, but done for £140 all in. Best option would be to spec one from new @ £75. As I bought used, I didn't have this option.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Michael, I think I may have sussed out why there's a discrepancy in quotes for retro fit compact spares. I have the technology pack and as a result my floor was already raised and I had just about a level floor when you open the tailgate. So, all I needed was a new tray to accommodate the spare which is perhaps why I only paid £247 for the both. In my case the floor and and the lift up floor are all level as per the original factory fit. I hope this helps and fingers crossed you may have the same.

Regards

Bilster1Edited by: Bilster1

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spot on Bilster1..I was exactly the same as I already had raised floor for tech pack I just needed the new boot insert and wheel which cost me £237 from dealer...cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blister1 and MikeM
Thanks for information which has just about answered all outstanding queries about retrofitting space saver wheel. The variations in prices being due to the original specifications of the car and option 'packages' fitted.
My S line Boot is without any options and therefore to achieve the under floor space for the spare wheel and tray needs the raised floor option 3GD.
Maximum spend needed to achieve the £75 spare wheel option, great!!!
Audi and car sales guys should know this and be up front with the information.

Q3 owners forum working well. Thanks to you both for excellent contributions.
MJC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts