Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
So it's been more than a month now driving Q3 F3 2020 nice car.
Anyway as title suggests I have been getting this message on and off so total of 5 or 6 times I have seen but generally disappears at next restart.
Anyone else is getting this fault message?
Picture attached just in case.
20200916_023452.jpg

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, my Q3 sportback does the same dozens of times. As you say it comes and goes. Done it since new in Feb this year!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, my Q3 sportback does the same dozens of times. As you say it comes and goes. Done it since new in Feb this year!!!!
Hi,
Thanks for reply have you done anything about it or you are like me least bothered :) .
I read somewhere dealer ripping apart dash or on top console to fix it if software upgrades don't fix it.
So not in a mode to go that far on a new car to be honest.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
581 Posts
I use a separate SIM. Could this be the reason why I have never seen this error message. Also, I did have a firmware update about 3 weeks ago, but I am not sure what this was for.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a separate SIM. Could this be the reason why I have never seen this error message. Also, I did have a firmware update about 3 weeks ago, but I am not sure what this was for.
Hi,
Thanks.
Yeah even I was thinking it must be something to do with mobile network coverage for the inbuilt sim.
I'll try to put 3UK sim and see.
But anyway it's not much of a concern to me sos functionality I think would come handy in case of a sever accident.
That firmware update was it over the air or your dealer did that?
Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
581 Posts
While the car was in at the dealer for the UTR being fitted the firmware update was done automatically. I didn't bother to ask what it was for and I can't detect any change.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also received some update I think second day of ownership but not sure what it was .
For me I am at real peace after getting rid of that Jaguar F Pace.
Everything on Audi works fine, just this pop up but I am OK with it compared to many faults I saw on a brand new JAG.
I guess you can feel where I am coming from.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have had Audi's of various flavours since 1983. Over this time, the only failures I have had are two sidelight bulbs. From some of my neighbours JLR experiences I can see exactly where you are coming from.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Audi - development is completed by Audi R&D
JLR - development is completed by the customer

I'll never forget that RR Evoque I had in 2012...if ever a car had escaped R&D prematurely that was it.....even to this day I can't help but notice the inconsistent panel gaps for the tailgate and fuel filler flap, terrible.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
That fault is comms from the integrated SIM - it maybe the case that Audi's central system is down and the car is whinging that it can't get a response. it would make plausible sense given that it's using cellular tech that it's pinging Audi constantly - software updates and nav data are continually transmitted.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Audi - development is completed by Audi R&D
JLR - development is completed by the customer

I'll never forget that RR Evoque I had in 2012...if ever a car had escaped R&D prematurely that was it.....even to this day I can't help but notice the inconsistent panel gaps for the tailgate and fuel filler flap, terrible.
I am with you John all JLR cars got issues.
A guy comes in gym with his RRsport past 2 weeks I saw him coming in velar I just praised him for the colour and guess what for the past 2 weeks his car was with dealer for repairs and that was courtesy car. Sorry JLR.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That fault is comms from the integrated SIM - it maybe the case that Audi's central system is down and the car is whinging that it can't get a response. it would make plausible sense given that it's using cellular tech that it's pinging Audi constantly - software updates and nav data are continually transmitted.
I agree that's my conclusion. So not bothered but I am thinking of getting a data sim I used to have in my previous car it's valid for 2 years from 3UK with lots of data.
Let's see.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
You'll get three years of mobile data for traffic updates, maps etc with the car. On that 2018 RS4 if you put a SIM in the media bay in the glovebox it stopped the integrated car one from working - so no updates from Audi. I suspect it's a provision for the end of the 36 month contract that comes with a new car - if one decides not to renew (I'm not sure Audi have ever charged anyone as a dealer can re-initialise the service for another year - I've had it done a couple of times on previous cars).

I have an unlimited everything contract with Vodafone and use the phone's data connection - currently Amazon Music unlimited so the phone is just a media source to the car. I haven't tried Android Auto in the new weapon yet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In my previous F pace I used 3uk and I was able to receive software updates , like u said if something locked with inbuilt sim card then I think we need to renew the subscription after 3 years.
Let's see time will tell I am planning to keep this perfect Audi for a good long time. I am just getting on a house ladder that's my priority for now, but I just get carried away with car stuff.... I think in my life I have spent money equivalent to a reasonably good house towards cars, This needs to stop.
Regards,
KJ :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
I looked at the Audi pricing for data on the embedded SIM. It is totally ridiculous. My wife works for Sky so I got a cheap SIM which slotted in with no problems. I know I am getting Google Map updates but I am not sure about anything else.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would look at the Audi Connect terms and conditions below. The embedded SIM is very limited.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It seems to be the same arrangement as previously, stick your own SIM in and the Audi one is disabled. If you have a mobile phone that supports a Remote SIM Access Profile (rSAP), so most modern Android devices, you can get all your data that way - and still have the car use the Audi AG connection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts