Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
54 Posts
Does Sport just affect the gearbox map and not the engine map (if indeed they can be controlled independently), while Dynamic changes the engine map too? Or is it all more complicated than that?
SPORT affects the gearbox map and not the enigne map. Correct!

Dynamic MODE changes both engine and gearbox map at a time, normally I would just press RS button at steering wheel using my left thumb to switch RS MODE (which is Dynamic MODE). Faster than using your hand to pull gear shifter switching to SPORT.

I really do not like stock gearbox map, the logic of gear changing is terrible. Shifting too early which makes car fuel saving but poor throttle response. I went with TVS DSG gearbox software, the improvement is HUGE. Now very easy to drive and shifting is at 2700-2800RPM (can be custom) which totally suit my driving style. Basically it is shifting a bit later than stock in D and a bit earlier than stock in S, just in between.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do the modes actually effect the power output?

In other bands the driving mode only alters the throttle input curve, they all produce the same power just deliver it differently.

·
Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
54 Posts
Do the modes actually effect the power output?
No. It is the same output no matter which mode

In other bands the driving mode only alters the throttle input curve, they all produce the same power just deliver it differently.
Sorry for the confusion when I said "Dynamic MODE changes both engine and gearbox map", you are correct and they all do the same power but with different throttle curve, and I believe there are more parameters in engine map being changed between modes, exchaust valves opening time is an example.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts