Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone 馃憢
I have recently retrofitted front parking sensors to my q3. Everything went smoothly or at least i thought it did.
I have not really used the car since but upon going for a drive and finding myself needing to use the sensors i have noticed that the rear sensors are not giving me any audible tone until i am very close to the object im trying to avoid.

There is no long beep or flashing from the dash button to indicate fault nor is there any fault codes present. But when i put the car in reverse i get white sensor lines on the Visual parking MMI screen that move closer as they should but they are not turning red or beeping when i start moving.

When i start the engine and stick in reverse the lines on the visual alternate between red and white if the handbrake is on or off as it should. But as soon as i start moving the lines go white as if the vehicle thinks im stationary and no beeping tone until very close.

this is hard to explain so i have attatched a video so you can see what i mean.
I must note, when i disconnect the front sensor plug at the pdc module the rear sensors work as they should.
This is baffling me but i wondered if anyone out there has any clues that may lead me in the right direction as i am out of ideas.

If no ones has seen this before i will take a look at the kufatec wiring loom where it joins the original wiring and see if ive made a mistake potentially putting cables in the wrong pins at the plug or something along those lines.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to mention that the pdc module used is from a much later model Q3 8U where as mine is one of the earliest 8U's

Registered
Can't answer your question but have checked pdc module P/N my 2012 car for comparison and it's 8X0 919 475 N
Also noted from the parts book the front outer sensors have a different P/N to the two centre ones
Just wondered if the aftermarket versions have a different signal output which is affecting the control module logic

Cheers Spike

Registered
Try to disconnect the front sensors from the PDC unit to check how the rear ones behave. If fixed that might mean that something is wrong with wiring, ground wiring if not done correctly might cause a problem on whole circuit.

Do you have vcds to check coding? That will help you do the right one

Don't worry about PDC unit version, it will work if correct coding is done. Wiring diagrams are the same, for the PDC that I have checked myself. It's just software update in most cases

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Can't answer your question but have checked pdc module P/N my 2012 car for comparison and it's 8X0 919 475 N
Also noted from the parts book the front outer sensors have a different P/N to the two centre ones
Just wondered if the aftermarket versions have a different signal output which is affecting the control module logic

Cheers Spike
All 4 of my front sensors are the same p/n so that could be something i need to look into.
I also tried removing the aftermarket sensors on the front and fitted audi sensors but the rears were still playing up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Try to disconnect the front sensors from the PDC unit to check how the rear ones behave. If fixed that might mean that something is wrong with wiring, ground wiring if not done correctly might cause a problem on whole circuit.

Do you have vcds to check coding? That will help you do the right one

Don't worry about PDC unit version, it will work if correct coding is done. Wiring diagrams are the same, for the PDC that I have checked myself. It's just software update in most cases
When front sensors are disconnected the rear sensors work correctly
No faults shown on vcds and when i installed the new 8k pdc module there was no coding that was needed to tell car it had front sensors.

I followed kufatec wiring diagram exactly but i am wondering if there might be something wrong with the instructions. I had to add 2 wires to the existing wiring loom and maybe they are wrong.

Registered
Check coding because there is also option for 6 sensors front so maybe the PDC unit has that coding and doesn't work correctly, it should trigger a fault on VCDS though, but you never know. Check Gateway if there is an option about 4 or 8 channle PDC

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Check coding because there is also option for 6 sensors front so maybe the PDC unit has that coding and doesn't work correctly, it should trigger a fault on VCDS though, but you never know. Check Gateway if there is an option about 4 or 8 channle PDC
Wooooo

Thanks guys issue resolved. Me being an idiot. My original coding was 09 C2 04
09 for manually removable towbar
C2 for start stop
04 for audi Q3

C2 needed changing to 02 making new coding
09 02 04

C in coding must have something to do with front sensors. I am so happy its working as it should. Thank you for your help spike and kostas

Registered
Altering c2 to 02 alters 2 binary strings
C2 is 11000010
02 is 00000010
You may find that something else on the car now doesn鈥檛 work, if so try coding
42 - 01000010. Or
82 -10000010

1 - 10 of 10 Posts