Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the newer 2021 Q3s still have the SIM card slot on the media box in the glove compartment? Or have they removed to force use of the Audi data connection?

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
Not sure. Why though? Surely you'd want the Audi SIM to being doing the Map updates/real time traffic data and all the other Audi services (listed in the MyAudi App) - mine has just refreshed the maps and I know from a download last year that is 25.6GB

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my own EE SIM card in my current q3 because The audi data carrier didn’t appear to be that cost effective and I was asked to set up a data plan! All functions work well and EE has best mobile coverage, the MMI system sets up a tunnel to Audi regardless of carrier, so I get all the traffic and updates.

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
OK, you don't need the Audi data plan though - just don't set it up. The SIM in the car will do everything for Maps and traffic data - for free in the 1st three years, for media (like Spotify and Amazon Music) make your phone the source and stream to your hearts content.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
On my 2020 Q3 there is a single SIM slot in the MMI box in the glove compartment. The embedded Audi supplied SIM will not provide data unless you pay a ridiculous amount of money. I have a sky SIM installed in the slot and have enabled data to give full functionality for wifi especially if my daughter is beating up the internet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts