Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi not sure if this is a stupid question. I have the auto lights with the led running lights.

Started the car up this afternoon and had a warning light come on saying something about dipped headlights, was in a car park so got out all lights were on as expected LEDs and main headlights. Turn engine on and off warning went away and hasn't returned as yet.

Once I got outside the headlights went off and the LEDs remained on as usual.

So I played with the settings and when I turned the switch to sidelights nothing happens in the daylight the LEDs jus stay on. Turn to dipped and the headlights come on. So my question is should something happen when I move the switch to sidelights? I presuming so as why have it??

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Not quite sure why there is a sidelights option on the dial, the daytime running lights will be on regardless. The only reason I can think of is to switch the main dipped lights off and on manually rather than use the auto function.

You will notice if you stick the lights on the sidelight setting the main dials will still light up but will turn off when it gets dark to remind you to put your lights on. Clever stuff!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi When I move my switch to side lights all I have on on the LED running lights no dials no nothing?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Popped into my local dealer and he showed me that when you turn the DRL onto side lights there is a subtle difference in the brightness to the inside of the LED.

When you do it yourself and walk back to the front you can hardly notice but when someone flicks the switch you can see it, any how all seem fine with the lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts