Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the day has finally come.... 8 months after delivery, and 18,000 miles on the clock - the initial nagging on the DIS has started for a service...
I am amazed that in all that time, the only thing to report is that my washer bottle has just reported itself as empty...!
Anyone else had their Q3 serviced yet, and what can I expect them to do for their money?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I hear when you step up to pay the bill they have a "trousertakedownometer" which will extract a large sum of money from your wallet

I've only ever been in once for a software update, that was at Glasgow Audi. Place was nice enough and everybody seemed willing to answer any questions and got I got a great coffee. Still not a patch on Harry Fairbairn where i took my last bmw, their service was superb and i think Audi could learn something from bmw in this dept.

Have you booked it in yet?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just going to book it today - think there's a bit of a lead time...

I was wondering about Software and Sat Nav updates - the Sat Nav for my regular run up the A46 seems to think I am actually going off-roading - but other than that, it's just and oil and filter change, how bad can that be? lol....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think the charge for nav updates is a bit hefty, even the SD Nav is £135 for the update!

·
Registered
563 Posts
As far as I know if you already have the SD sat nav you can buy the update SD card and do it yourself, a quick search on ebay doesn't show any 2013 cards available yet thought.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's booked in for Wednesday 6th March - and it's a brand-new dealership in Leicester, so it will be interesting to see how they conduct themselves!

I have the "full fat" Sat Nav (not theSD Card one), so I am sure the upgrade price will be premium rate too...

What other "Software Updates" have people had installed?

I have noticed a bit of tyre slipping when pulling out of Junctions recently (and I'm notincluding the snowy weather!)- so think the tyres need a look at too.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Full Fat Sat Nav
If you pay for your own tyres do not pay Audi prices

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol - not going to put anything Audi's way that I don't have to... But I also want to make sure they do all that they should do!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Have you been back to the dealer for any updates at all Jules? I got one last October when the car was only 1 week old but i've not been back since.

Do they not have that audi cam thing so you can watch your service
Seen it on their website.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car was delivered (from Leeds Audi) in June, and it's been nowhere near a dealer since!
I have heard talk of software updates etc, so thought I'd ask what had been offered elsewhere.
Tyres look OK, so I imagine it'll just be an oil and filter change, plus any software updates (and maybe SatNav update).
The Leicester Audi dealer it's going to is brand new - so it should be a fantastic experience, right up until the bill arrives...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...Ask me Wednesday!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dropped the car in for it's first service this morning.... Have been told there should be no updates required, but they'll check anyway.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All picked up, cleaned, hoovered, oil and filters changed - a most enjoyable experience!
Back again in 19,000 miles....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Except the cost presumably Jules?

How much did they sting you for?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A figure of about £275 was mentioned....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Doesn't sound too bad at all! I was expecting it to be a little more than that.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For 18,500 miles, that seemed quite reasonable, to be honest.
Still got plenty of tread (4mm front, 6mm rear) on all four tyres too!
My biggest fear was that I have those strange "lump in the middle of the road" speed bumps outside my house, and I suspected that the tracking might have taken a hammering, but nope - tyre pressures and all geometry is fine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts